Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default 96 day Form 4 turn-around for trust transfer

I mailed a Form 4 on 26-Oct-2014 for a customer and had it returned today, that's 96 days round trip. Damn that's quick even for a trust transfer. Now if they just speed up the Form 3 transfers from dealer-to-dealer.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: 96 day Form 4 turn-around for trust transfer

I'm still waiting on my form 1 that went pending in July. Individual though, not trust.
    Now less Glock, more H&K :)

(Berks County)

Glockmaster have you called to check on your status recently? I sent in a form1 on a trust on Oct 27th. I called today and it was approved yesterday so I expect the stamp in the next week or two. They say trusts run faster but I can't see them going that much faster.

(Westmoreland County)

My record is 3 months 3 days on a F4 going to a trust.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by awfroadan View Post
    Glockmaster have you called to check on your status recently? I sent in a form1 on a trust on Oct 27th. I called today and it was approved yesterday so I expect the stamp in the next week or two. They say trusts run faster but I can't see them going that much faster.
    Yeah I called them like a week ago. They just tell me the date it went pending in July and thats all they can tell me. You just confirmed the reason I brought it up and why I am looking at setting up a trust going forward and thats that you got a quick turn around because you used a trust. I went the individual route with the CLEO sign off and what not and I'm stuck here waiting. I don't f'ing get it. Whats so special about a trust that they get pushed through so quick??

I really want a suppressor for a USP 45 Tactical so I'm thinking about the 199trust website but am skeptical.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by cds_arms View Post
    My record is 3 months 3 days on a F4 going to a trust.
    How far away from Telford are you? I want to get an Octane 45 suppressor but the closest dealer won't deal with this vendor for some reason I'm not sure about.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmaster View Post
    How far away from Telford are you? I want to get an Octane 45 suppressor but the closest dealer won't deal with this vendor for some reason I'm not sure about.
    Google shows 285 miles. Only need to stop out once at the end! ;-)

Please email me if I can help out.
    CDS ARMS.com - 'LIKE' Us - MG Rentals - Colt Defense AR-15 & Glock Certified Armorer

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by glockmaster View Post
    I'm still waiting on my form 1 that went pending in July. Individual though, not trust.
    I've got a Form 4 Individual from July '14 still waiting.

My dealer's theory is that they're trying to push a bunch of trust approvals through before the rules change. I'm kinda ticked off myself about the Trust / Individual disparity that's going on right now. It's like, you go through the extra steps of doing it the more "correct" way (in the govt's logic) & they push your app to the back burner. They should push the Individual paper forms to the top of the pile since we're the people who went to the trouble of getting prints & LEO sign off.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by theunrulychef View Post
    I've got a Form 4 Individual from July '14 still waiting.

My dealer's theory is that they're trying to push a bunch of trust approvals through before the rules change. I'm kinda ticked off myself about the Trust / Individual disparity that's going on right now. It's like, you go through the extra steps of doing it the more "correct" way (in the govt's logic) & they push your app to the back burner. They should push the Individual paper forms to the top of the pile since we're the people who went to the trouble of getting prints & LEO sign off.
    You feel like your application(s) should be pushed to the top of the "stack" because you chose a different and more difficult application method? I don't know about you, but I feel like I shouldn't need my LEO's "blessing" to make or buy Sbr's or suppressors, hence why a trust is a great thing. While I am taking full advantage of my trust via Efiling, I believe trust or individual paper forms should be done by waiting your turn in line so to speak.

(Berks County)

I don't think there should be any forms at all, but the govt leaders have expressed that they want people to get printed & have the LEO off because they think the trusts are a "loophole". Then they punish the people who do the extra steps and move the people who they say are gaming the system through faster. Actually, that makes perfect sense for the gov't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast