Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Thumbs down ISM Weapon Systems - Carmichaels, Pa

Before I get started with the details, I recommend that you think twice before supporting/giving business to ISM Weapon Systems (in Carmichaels, Pa) and that you do not support them. That is unless you enjoy dealing with BS stories, excuses and headaches.

It all started around the end of October 2014 when I was searching for a shop that did cerakoting. I saw that ISM offered this service at a reasonable price. So I contacted them and spoke with Chris (their gunsmith/tech) about getting this process started. He told me they were in the middle of relocating their shop to a new building and would be set up and ready to go around Thanksgiving. I said ok, and I would call back around Thanksgiving to see if they were set up and ready to cerakote.

The next time I called was just after Thanksgiving and spoke with Chris again and he said they had everything set up and it usually took about a week to complete cerakote projects. A week later I had my dad drop off my rail/handguard for my AR and his rail/handguard as well since I don’t live close to the area; that was approximately December 5th-7th.

I waited a week or maybe a few days longer and called to check the status since I was quoted the timeframe of approximately 1 week. When I spoke with Chris he said they were running behind since the equipment was new and was just professionally wired up and that was the hold up. Being completely understanding of this situation since they just moved, I said it wasn’t a problem and just give me a call when the rails are done.

Now a almost a week before Christmas I haven’t heard anything regarding the status or completion of the rails so I decided to give ISM a call and see what was going on. This time Chris said with the Holidays coming up, the rails wouldn’t be completed until the week after New Year’s. I was a little frustrated by this but was trying to be understanding, so I said ok once again.

On January 6th I called ISM once again and wanted know if the rails were done since I never heard anything. This time Chris was at lunch and Christy said he would call me back. About an hour or so later I got a call back from Christy at ISM and she told me that Chris said my rails would be done next week, on Wednesday January 14th.

At this point I am becoming more frustrated because of the pattern that is developing here. And I am starting to wonder if they forgot about my rails and were doing other jobs, maybe lost my rails or damaged them, or any other instance or reason where they would want to avoid me, drag the job out, or keep stalling (because it seemed like that is what they were doing).

Wednesday January 14th comes and goes with no phone call from ISM and I am getting very irritated by this point. I wait an extra week before calling on January 23rd to enquire about my rails and why I have not received a phone call regarding them. This time I spoke to Chris and he said the rails we prepped and ready for paint, but they were out of the cerakote/paint color I wanted and that it was on order. At this point I’m literally taking a deep breath and shaking my head because I just want to explode on this guy! I keep my composure and ask when do you expect it? When was it ordered? He says he has no idea regarding either question since he does not do the ordering. I tell him I would like my rails to be done soon, and then we end the phone call.

After becoming extremely irritated regarding this situation I called ISM this past Monday, January 23rd and talked with Christy or Autumn (I can’t remember which one) since she said Chris does not work on Mondays. I briefly gave her an overview of this whole situation of how it’s been almost 2 months and my rails still aren’t done, and how I get a different story/excuse every time I call. She was understanding and said she could see where I’m coming from etc... I told her to give Chris a message that I was coming to pick up my rails at the end of the week regardless if they were done or not.

So today, January 29th I went to ISM to pick up my rails. I told the girl at the front counter who I was and why I was there; she went in the back to get Chris. He came out and told me the paint was on its way and asked if I still wanted to have them cerakoted. I couldn’t believe he just asked me that after all that has happened to this point. I said no, I’ll just get them done somewhere else. He then goes over to the safe, opens it, gets out my rails, verifies it is them and then hands them to me. I look at them and they aren’t even prepped like he said they were! Not that I was surprised, but I mean come on!! He then apologizes a few times about the wait. I don’t really accept the apology, but I don’t totally blow him off either; I was trying to keep my cool.

So after 2 months of waiting, headaches, and loads of BS, I’m back at square one. I wanted to share my experience with you guys and gals just in case you ever considered giving business to ISM Weapon Systems; think twice before you do!! You have been warned…

Also, I’ll be sending a letter to the owner of ISM as well regarding this situation.

Take care Poofa
    "Confiscating is not stealing! I warned him!" -Valentin16

Default Re: ISM Weapon Systems - Carmichaels, Pa

Sucks man seems like that guy is in way over his head and should have been truthful from the start. If you are still looking to get your rails done check this place out. I don't know where you are but I am sure you can mail them back and forth.

The owner is a active member here looks like he does real nice work.
    http://eastonfirearmsrefinishing.com/

(Allegheny County)

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Sucks man seems like that guy is in way over his head and should have been truthful from the start. If you are still looking to get your rails done check this place out. I don't know where you are but I am sure you can mail them back and forth.

The owner is a active member here looks like he does real nice work.
    http://eastonfirearmsrefinishing.com/
    Yeah, if he would have been truthful throughout this situation it wouldn't have been a big deal. I just can't understand some peoples' thinking.

I have been to his (EFR) website before and seen the quality of his work; it's pretty dang good. Thanks for the info! I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I may just leave it the way it is for now so I can shoot the dang thing. These past 2 months have been a real PITA!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    LOL! How about rewarding me with some rep for that massive post! Nice touch though, it is quite the consolation...

(Mercer County)

No way would I have waited that long. That's fine if you're backlogged, just tell me. That's a bunch of BS.

They should have offered to do it free, or at an extreme discount for playing fuck fuck with you.
    Last edited by sprrdhawk44; January 29th, 2015 at 09:33 PM.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by sprrdhawk44 View Post
    No way would I have waited that long. That's fine if you're backlogged, just tell me. That's a bunch of BS.

They should have offered to do it free, or at an extreme discount for playing fuck fuck with you.
    I agree something should have been offered or done since I had to put up with all of his bullshit stories. I'm sending a letter to both owners of ISM to let them know how disgusted I am with the lack of service I received. That is NOT how anyone shold conduct business.
    Last edited by TheGhost27; January 30th, 2015 at 04:07 PM.