Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Luzerne County)

Default Re: New indoor gun range - Luzerne County

I took a ride up on Sunday to see where it was. There is no apparent sign but it appeared that they were working inside. As you pass the Woodlands and Leggio's going north on 315, it's the first street on the left near the crest of the hill. I think the name is Pickett street. It has a lot of potholes.

When you consider where the nearest indoor ranges are, they should do very well being just a hop, skip, and a jump from Scranton. While I'm waiting, I'm going to check out that place in Easton where they rent fully automatic weapons. I, too, went to the Firing Line in White Hall and Higher Ground Tactical in Emmaus. Both are now closed.
    You'd Better Hope Your Insane, Cause There's No Cure For Stupid!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie De View Post
    I took a ride up on Sunday to see where it was. There is no apparent sign but it appeared that they were working inside. As you pass the Woodlands and Leggio's going north on 315, it's the first street on the left near the crest of the hill. I think the name is Pickett street. It has a lot of potholes.

When you consider where the nearest indoor ranges are, they should do very well being just a hop, skip, and a jump from Scranton. While I'm waiting, I'm going to check out that place in Easton where they rent fully automatic weapons. I, too, went to the Firing Line in White Hall and Higher Ground Tactical in Emmaus. Both are now closed.
    The new range has a face book page. They have been posting picks of on going work.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

(Luzerne County)

They have posted they should be running by April.

(Luzerne County)

Some people should empty their mailboxes.
    You'd Better Hope Your Insane, Cause There's No Cure For Stupid!

(Luzerne County)

The wife and I pre registered for our membership yesterday. We just need to decide on which membership we will use.

While there we were shown around. The will be two floors of shooting lanes. An in house gunsmith and gun rentals at the range and a cafe. I was told you do not need to buy the ammo to be used there, you can bring your own. Eventually there will be online scheduling for range use. And they are planing to become a class 3 dealer.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by normanvin View Post
    The wife and I pre registered for our membership yesterday. We just need to decide on which membership we will use.

While there we were shown around. The will be two floors of shooting lanes. An in house gunsmith and gun rentals at the range and a cafe. I was told you do not need to buy the ammo to be used there, you can bring your own. Eventually there will be online scheduling for range use. And they are planing to become a class 3 dealer.
    Stopped up there last week for a show-around. As for ammo - bringing your own is OK provided it's factory-loaded No reloads.
    Did you stop off at Jack Williams to have your front end realigned? That "road" is the Ho Chi Mihn trail all over again!

(Lackawanna County)

Avoid the potholes...turn into Dunkin' Donuts at the traffic light. You can drive through their parking lot and get the The Cabin by going around the back of the building.

Added bonus for going around the back of their building...you get to see their huge ventilation system. When I got the tour of the ranges, I asked how fast their ventilation system will turn over the air in the ranges. She said every 18 seconds. If true, that's impressive. One of my dislikes of Pocono Pistol in Stroudsburg is their lack of adequate air circulation.

I can't wait until The Cabin's ranges open. My work isn't very far from there. Can you say lunch break??!!

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeba View Post
    Stopped up there last week for a show-around. As for ammo - bringing your own is OK provided it's factory-loaded No reloads.
    Did you stop off at Jack Williams to have your front end realigned? That "road" is the Ho Chi Mihn trail all over again!
    Actually had just come from jw. 400.00 wheel bearing and inspection.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    Avoid the potholes...turn into Dunkin' Donuts at the traffic light. You can drive through their parking lot and get the The Cabin by going around the back of the building.

Added bonus for going around the back of their building...you get to see their huge ventilation system. When I got the tour of the ranges, I asked how fast their ventilation system will turn over the air in the ranges. She said every 18 seconds. If true, that's impressive. One of my dislikes of Pocono Pistol in Stroudsburg is their lack of adequate air circulation.

I can't wait until The Cabin's ranges open. My work isn't very far from there. Can you say lunch break??!!
    I was told the road will be changed to enter along dunkin donuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post

The new OSHA standards for range ventilation are high. The cost of the ventilation system is probably the highest when building a new indoor range.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast