Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Remington R1 Enhanced?

Does anybody have any experience or comments on the Remington R1 Enhanced? I'll also accept any information on the standard Remington R1. The R1 Enhanced looks like a decent pistol in theory, but I'm also weary of any new Remington products. Thank you!

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Remington R1 Enhanced?

I checked out an enhanced model at gander mountain when I was window shopping last week. The top of the barrel had like a rust on it reminiscent of the Kimbers I've seen. FWIW.
    neckbeard extrordinaire

(Mercer County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDonJohnson View Post
    I checked out an enhanced model at gander mountain when I was window shopping last week. The top of the barrel had like a rust on it reminiscent of the Kimbers I've seen. FWIW.
    I believe Remington leaves their barrels in the white, at least the enhanced model.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Chester County)

I'm looking at the Ruger SR1911 commander and Remington R1 Enhanced. Right now I'm leaning Ruger, but I want to ensure I made a great choice. This would be for range and occasional carry.

(Berks County)

The r1 is a good gun. Zombie reaper z cammo edition anyway buddy of mine has RO r1 it shoots well for me and he loves it. My r51 is in limbo land so I get what ou mean on Remington new products. 1911s have been around long enough that if mill spec parts fit in the production gun it will be decent and or able to be made reliable. Every manufacturer makes lemons so go over the one you buy.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    I'm looking at the Ruger SR1911 commander and Remington R1 Enhanced. Right now I'm leaning Ruger, but I want to ensure I made a great choice. This would be for range and occasional carry.
    The quality is the same on all three. Ruger has the spring detents tube as part of the frame, not standard pined on tube. The Remington enhanced has slide grooves on the front also, that's not standard and the fragile light enhancing sight. See better but can break. The commander is easier to carry, but if that is the goal the original had an aluminum frame. Those are your considerations, that and the company markings.

(Lackawanna County)

BCM put this rebranded Wilson Combat 1911 on their site recently. Neat if Youve got the keish.
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/category-s/198.htm
    neckbeard extrordinaire

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealDonJohnson View Post
    BCM put this rebranded Wilson Combat 1911 on their site recently. Neat if Youve got the keish.
    http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/category-s/198.htm
    Beautiful gun! Outrageous price!!!

I personally do not think the R1 enhanced is worth the money they ask for it. It's no better than a RIA with the same features.

All 1911's being made, today, are good to great, but getting a great 1911 costs way more than 'great'. You can take a standard pot metal frame Remington or Ruger and make it a great 1911 for pennies on the dollar. You can take a PT or RIA and do the same for a couple skins less. It's basically what roll mark you can live with. FWIW, the PT comes fully checkered and has fully forged frame and slide. Tune the ignition parts for $100 and you got a very good $650 1911.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Butler County)

If you're wary of the RIA 1911 suggestion, consider STI. They are a Texas based semi-custom/custom company. A semi-custom 1911 from STI will be a lot nicer than a production gun from Ruger or Remington. Their Spartan V is an Armscor frame that they hand fit a slide to. Probably retails less than either of the "Rs"

Bill

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast