Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Monroe County)

Default UPS?!?! Anyone else having issues lately?

I've never had issues with UPS, I've gotten banged up packages but nothing was ever damaged... until now!

I've ordering Dead Down Wind spray from Cabelas... first order:

HARRISBURG,
    PA, US 06/26/2008 4:24 A.M. THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS / ALL MERCHANDISE DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE

06/26/2008 12:20 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    NEW STANTON,
    PA, US 06/25/2008 9:24 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    06/25/2008 8:42 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
    US 06/25/2008 4:51 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Second (replacement) order:

HARRISBURG,
    PA, US 07/10/2008 5:59 A.M. THE PACKAGE WAS DAMAGED IN TRANSIT. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH THE DETAILS / ALL MERCHANDISE DISCARDED. UPS WILL NOTIFY THE SENDER WITH DETAILS OF THE DAMAGE
    07/10/2008 12:26 A.M. ARRIVAL SCAN
    NEW STANTON,
    PA, US 07/09/2008 9:00 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN
    07/09/2008 6:10 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN
    US 07/09/2008 5:45 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Cabelas has been great about sending replacements, but this is just insane.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: WTF UPS?!?! Anyone else having issues lately?

We ordered some replacement crate pans for our dog crates and they were all dented and bent up but we got replacements sent out and those were fine. Of course, we got them from a diff. company too. It sounds like whatever you're ordering isn't being packaged properly for the shipping process.... I hope you get what you need soon.

(Philadelphia County)

Last item I bought was a digital camera.

UPS delivered an empty retail box of said camera.

Not Cool!

NewEgg and UPS were johnny on the spot with the replacements though...
    ==============
    “If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude than the animating contest of freedom, — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!”
    ~Samuel Adams

"I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it."
    ~Thomas Jefferson, 1791

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by shefearsnothing View Post
    . . . It sounds like whatever you're ordering isn't being packaged properly for the shipping process . . .
    +100. Packing is a pet peeve of mine.

Outright theft aside, 99,9% of transit damage is a result of improper or poorly packaged items.

Toss a Mosin Nagant M44 in a carton and ship it and yes, the bolt and bayonet hinge bracket will be poking through in short order. Remove the bolt, wrap it in a piece of corrugated carton, then wrap that same M44 in bubble wrap and then insert both into the box along with some peanuts, newsprint, or more bubble wrap and the box will arrive intact.

Any item that's packed with enough dunnage to prevent movement of that item will survive transit. Skimp on the dunnage, and contents will shift around and get beat up.

Noah

(Lebanon County)

BTW, UPS delivered my holsters yesterday and they were in fine order....the only issue I have is that the holster my husband insisted on ordering for my taurus is a POS!!! He keeps yelling that it's all MY fault because I picked a stupid gun and I should have gotten a damn glock. I am not convinced yet though....I am going to keep looking around. Even HE put that thing on and tried to conceal and there was NO WAY. There is waaaaaay too much material being used for the holster. I swear there's 2 inches of extra material hanging down beyond the muzzle of the gun. WTF? Am I supposed to stuff tissues in there?

(Lebanon County)

Noah, my other peeve is that if it's not UNDER packaged then it's OVER packaged with 50 thousand pieces of plastic that are never biodegradable and that just pisses me off. I try to re-use any packaging materials we get because I hate throwing them away if they can't be recycled....particularly the plastics.

The UPS guy delievered ammo to my house, he said "That's one heavy little box, what's in it?" I said "Ammo". Everything shows up at my door in excellent condition now.

(Montgomery County)

UPS and the rest of the larger shipping companies generally suck around this portion of the country. I never used to see as many banged up boxes. It's always fun to see footprints on a box marked fragile.

99,9% of transit damage is a result of improper or poorly packaged items.
    I don't agree with that at all. We get stuff like monitors, PC's, servers, etc., delivered to our office. These are "professionally boxed" items from large companies. Some of the boxes are trashed and more of the contents are getting damaged these days.

UPS lost a 52 pound cylinder head that I shipped. How the hell does one lose a 52 pound hunk of iron? The other one got delivered fine.
    You can never have enough horsepower or ammunition.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    +100. Packing is a pet peeve of mine.

Outright theft aside, 99,9% of transit damage is a result of improper or poorly packaged items.

Toss a Mosin Nagant M44 in a carton and ship it and yes, the bolt and bayonet hinge bracket will be poking through in short order. Remove the bolt, wrap it in a piece of corrugated carton, then wrap that same M44 in bubble wrap and then insert both into the box along with some peanuts, newsprint, or more bubble wrap and the box will arrive intact.

Any item that's packed with enough dunnage to prevent movement of that item will survive transit. Skimp on the dunnage, and contents will shift around and get beat up.

Noah
    I agree... but how in the hell do you mispackage 5 32 oz bottles or 20 8 oz bottles ( they had to replace em with smaller ons)...

These aren't glass bottles... they are sturdy plastic bottles designed to go out into the woods with a hunter... only possible way these are being damaged is someone throwing them out of a truck... and how can you break 5 bottles? better yet how do you break 20?!?!?!!?

especially when their entire travel is less then 3 hours by truck!
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    The UPS guy delievered ammo to my house, he said "That's one heavy little box, what's in it?" I said "Ammo". Everything shows up at my door in excellent condition now.
    I had that at my old place... he dropped an order off once and when ammo was affordable... they needed 2 guys to bring it all up... the order was: (I may be missing some stuff but mostly)

2000 rounds of 7.62x39
    1000 rounds of .40 S&W
    1500 rounds of .223
    250 rounds of 12 guage
    600 rounds of 8mm (7.9mm)

he did the exact same thing "wow that is heavy stuff, what do you need all that ammo for"... I said yeah I like to be ready in case of zombies or a "postal" neighbor...

after that I never had any issue with ANY package... until I moved

never ha

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast