Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Clarion County)

Default Anyone with a Glock 30 care to tell me bout it

The good, the bad, the whatever. Thanks
    It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.

(Lackawanna County)

Default Re: Anyone with a Glock 30 care to tell me bout it

My buddy has one. I've had the opportunity to put some rounds through it. Accurate for what it is. My buddy tells me that it's s pudgy little thing that becomes uncomfortable to carry for extended periods of time. I have yet to hold a G30S. I've read that it is improved.
    Last edited by TheRealDonJohnson; January 27th, 2015 at 07:53 PM.
    neckbeard extrordinaire

(Chester County)

If you're going to get a Glock 30, then get the Glock 30S. I have the 30S and it carries very well, isn't too small or too big, and is VERY accurate. Buy good sights for it and replace the factory mag plates with ones from Pearce. My buddy shot it VERY great too. I love that gun and will never part with it.

I also highly recommend Warren Tactical sights (all black rear, tritium front sight), and an Alien Gear Tuck 2.0 Holster.

I've had a G30 for a few years. It's accurate, totally dependable & is easily concealed.

The cons: The ergonomics are, well, Glock. It's a fat little thing & the top of the slide is wide enough to land a Huey on.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

(Bucks County)

I also have the 30S. Pretty much agree with Philpatriot above though I haven't replaced any mag plates. I'm slim and can conceal this pistol with ease.

I also find it very controllable for a 45 in a small, polymer package. That said, it definitely has a bite compared to shooting a full size 1911. Felt recoil is subjective and my hand 'feels it' during an extended range session but not yet enough where I feel I need to stop.

(Clearfield County)

Have a regular 30, currently using it as a bedside gun since it has nite sites. If you're a big fat lardass like me you can pocket carry it without printing too badly. Likewise I have big hands and don't find the grip uncomfortable at all. Ditto the suggestion for pearce floor plates, and an extended grip plug is nice too.

My biggest complaint is that it tosses spent cases into my face, but that is another glock issue.

A g30 with nite sites is definitely one of the best defensive compact guns out there, 3 more rounds than a 1911 in a much smaller package.

(Bucks County)

Take this for my opinion and nothing more but it's probably tied with the 19 for best CCW/self defense choice and popularity. I rented one years ago and I held a soft spot for it for a long time. I eventually went with the 19 because I wanted the extra length in the grip but if I didn't go with that, it would have been the 30/30S.

(Montgomery County)

I bought my G30 (gen 3) a couple years ago. It's been reliable and I find it very accurate for me. I found it a bit wider than I was comfortable carrying, so I bought a Shield 9 for concealed carry. I've been debating either adding a G21 or replacing the G30 with the G21 as a bedside piece.

When I was in the market for my new carry gun I gave Glock a try. I wanted a 45ACP as I didn't want to change caliber.

After reading many reviews I settles on the G30s. Well worth the time it took me to get to the purchase point.

- 45ACP in a nice little package. Well as little as can be for what it is.

- Felt recoil is in my mind nothing compared to my friends .40S&W from H&K. It's roughly the same size and was awful. The G30s felt a lot smoother and didn't want to jump out of my hands.

- I have two IWB holsters for mine. One from Vigillance Tactical here in PA and the other from Hidden Hybrids. Conceals very nicely.

- Mine has eaten all FMJ and HP rounds I've put through it.

- I wont lie it is a bit heavy. But it isn't too heavy to be uncomfortable when carrying.

- Something about the factory sights just line up for me when I'm drawing and aqurring my target at the range and practice draws in home.

On a side note what aftermarket sights for those that have upgrades, what have you gone to?

I have a G21, G41 and G30. The G30 is my favorite "all around". I would highly recommend one.
    Jules

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast