Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default Choosing new pistol sights for HD & SD pistols.

2 new Glocks 17 & a 26 both need replacement sights ASAP.

The 17 is going to be a HD and a my OC around the property and occasionally around town pistol. I have read some good feedback on the True Glo TFO fiber optic/night sight combo. Excellent day/night visibility and built well coming in at a affordable price point.

For the 26 I have been considering a set of XS Big Dots they get excellent reviews when used for their intended purpose and the only bad ones are from people who expected too shoot bulls eyes at 25-30 yards with a huge MOA front site.

Anyone have any personal experience with either of these specific sights or brands or even recommendations on other good options. My only stipulation is I need to keep both sets under $100.00.

(Mercer County)

Default Re: Choosing new pistol sights for HD & SD pistols.

I'm a big fan of TFOs. They glow day and night.
    There's no such thing as a free lunch.

(Chester County)

Warren Tactical

(Bucks County)

I'm old school. I learned with 3 dots on an autoloader, so 3 dot trijicons all the way.

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm definatly sold on the TFO's for the G17 still undecided on the XS big dots.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm definatly sold on the TFO's for the G17 still undecided on the XS big dots.
    I have an XS Big Dot on my M&P Pro. It sucks. I hate it. I bought Warrens for it, but I haven't put them on yet because I want to sell it.

I have Warren Tactical on my Glock 19 (flat rear/fiber optic front). They are awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by animalmother85 View Post
    I have an XS Big Dot on my M&P Pro. It sucks. I hate it. I bought Warrens for it, but I haven't put them on yet because I want to sell it.

I have Warren Tactical on my Glock 19 (flat rear/fiber optic front). They are awesome.

Why do you hate them? From what I have read all that dislike them are looking to use them in ways they weren't ment to be. They definatly make any pistol they are on limited to A short range SD only set up. My thinking is its a G26 I'm not going to use it for much else.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    Skip the TFOs and get the TFX. It's basically the new and improved TFO with encapsulated fiber rods and tritium vials and lower profile.

I prefer my handguns with a plain black or serrated black rear sight. I have front sights of tritium, fo & gold bead.

Tritium sights will go dim in roughly 8-12 years, but can be replaced. Fiberoptic rods are more fragile but much less expensive. We're talking about $70-100 to replace a tritium front sight as opposed to <$1 to replace a fo rod.

All my 1911's, except the RO, have three dot tritium sights because that's the way they came. As they go dim, they're getting replaced with black rear battle sights & gold bead fronts. The gold bead is as easy For the eye to pick up as a fiber optic, but unlike the tritium or fo, there's nothing to go wrong with it.
    "It's hard to imagine a more stupid or more dangerous way of making decisions than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
    Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
    Skip the TFOs and get the TFX. It's basically the new and improved TFO with encapsulated fiber rods and tritium vials and lower profile.
    Thanks I will check them out today.

Re: Choosing new pistol sights for HD & SD pistols.
    I prefer my handguns with a plain black or serrated black rear sight. I have front sights of tritium, fo & gold bead.

Tritium sights will go dim in roughly 8-12 years, but can be replaced. Fiberoptic rods are more fragile but much less expensive. We're talking about $70-100 to replace a tritium front sight as opposed to <$1 to replace a fo rod.

All my 1911's, except the RO, have three dot tritium sights because that's the way they came. As they go dim, they're getting replaced with black rear battle sights & gold bead fronts. The gold bead is as easy For the eye to pick up as a fiber optic, but unlike the tritium or fo, there's nothing to go wrong with it.
    I do like the gold beads but they still leave much to be desired in the dark. For my bedside HD gun I prefer night sights at least for the front post.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast