Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default 65 year old woman shot in leg by "accidental discharge"

Not much in the way of details, but sounds like another case of a moron carrying and playing with his gun in public. Happened at the giant eagle 10 min from my house. Heard about it first from a neighbors facebook.

Great job idiot.

http://m.wpxi.com/news/news/local/wo...t-eagle/njt7j/

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Default Re: 65 year old woman shot in leg by "accidental discharge"

I'd be up for a demonstration outside the fucktard's home. Can't stand that, no matter how safe we are, idiots like this end up representing us in the news.

People need training. I'm just about at the point of agreeing with mandatory training because of the political damage that these morons do to our cause.

(Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    I'd be up for a demonstration outside the fucktard's home. Can't stand that, no matter how safe we are, idiots like this end up representing us in the news.

People need training. I'm just about at the point of agreeing with mandatory training because of the political damage that these morons do to our cause.
    Agreed. I would rather be surrounded by people who are anti-gun than irresponsible gun owners.

(Perry County)

Would not do a damn bit of good to require training. Cops get all kinds of training and pull the same stupid shit.

If anything, they need a common sense test. If you don't pass, you can't carry.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Allegheny County)

Some anti will pick this up and misquote it, but I'd rather a few people randomly die and we all remain free than to give up freedoms in the HOPES that some lives will be saved.

That's the risk you take if you don't want to be completely controlled in every aspect of your life.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Lancaster County)

I'll probably get flamed but it's really just common sense.

It's kinda hard to have an opinion on this one since there is absolutely no information as to how it happened so it's going to be left up to the imagination of the reader and we all know how vivid a lefty anti gunners imagination can be.

Here are the only logical reasons I can think of.

1. The carrier was playing with the gun or unholstered it for some reason if this is the case he should be held liable and charged since his finger pulled the trigger.

2. He was carrying a pocket pistol in nothing more then his pocket which is one of the stupidest things I constantly see and hear people doing.

3. He was carrying a single action type pistol with the hammer back and no safety.

I wonder if we will get the whole story?

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Some anti will pick this up and misquote it, but I'd rather a few people randomly die and we all remain free than to give up freedoms in the HOPES that some lives will be saved.

That's the risk you take if you don't want to be completely controlled in every aspect of your life.
    I here what you are saying and mostly agree but I would much rather see pro 2A's and those that choose to carry a firearm view it as much more then just their right but also as a great responsibility not only to defend themselves and their families but also those around them in form of practicing excellent firearm safety, handling and properly carrying it.

More then a CC class people need a "weight of their decisions class". I see a lot of people which in my experience are older guys who think nothing of taking a small pistol or revolver and just throwing it in their pocket with no holster treating it as nothing more then a pocket knife or loose change. Murphys law will hit people who do this before those who responsibly and properly carry their side arm. I have also seen a few guys of all different ages OC'ing full size pistols in garbage holsters like the cheap Blackhawk soft/cloth material ones that are found at Walmart for $9.99. With the weight of the gun it's hanging 3" away from their hip and flopping around in the one size fits all POS holster, the only thing keeping it from falling out is a thin little strap and a cheap ass Chinese snap. I have 0 issues with OC'ing and have started myself over the last few months when I am staying local but it has opened me up to more potential issues so I bought a Level 2 Safariland holster not only for my piece of mind but also for those around me.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 23rd, 2015 at 05:53 PM.

(Allegheny County)

As long as the beer cooler was not injured~~!

Found this additional detail:

"... a gun fell out of a shopper's fanny pack when he bent over to pick something up, and the weapon discharged."

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast