Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    (Cambria County)

Default Re: 2015 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post
    You can have all the rewards that goes along with the a dirty nasty foul four letter word - WORK
    Is it worth it?

If you think it's worth it, quit whining like a little girl. You are not the only person that has a thankless job where you have to carry the weight of many.

If you don't think it's worth it, then quit. Your attitude is doing more harm than you can imagine. Your little rants like the above do more harm than the brady campaign. Seeing as you somehow see fit to throw your tantrum like that, I suspect you have no idea how damaging you are. With that kind of judgment you aren't building confidence in us. So, yeah, if you don't think it's worth it for you to do your thing, then just stop before you start doing more harm than good.

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

WF, I wouldn't blame you one bit if you and the entire FOAC crew decided to bail on the annual rally. If the rest of the states' gun owners can't take a single day out of an entire year, then you're right; why bother? We should just take up a collection and hire professional lobbyists like bloomberg and his cronies do. Somehow I suspect there won't be too much money in the pot though.

To Mr Carnes, are you volunteering to take on this effort after your comment about WFs "tantrum" and whining? MANY more people need to get involved, but like every organization I've ever been a part of, it's always the same 10 to 15 % that do 100% of the work, whatever that work may be. The rest are just along for the ride and to reap any benefits that result from the work of others.

Relative to the FOAC crew and others, I don't do much at all...............but I do spend a few hours each week at it; not bitching and complaining on PAFOA or ARFCOM, but educating myself on the bills, writing letters, meeting with reps, making phone calls and writing a monthly legislative summery for a good sized gun club. I also do my best to get others involved, but have pretty much failed at that. I completely understand the feeling of "why bother". It's the definition of insanity to keep doing the same thing and expect different results. We really can be our own worst enemy.

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteFeather View Post

IF anyone wants to take over as the ORGANIZER of this event for next year let me know you can have it!
    You can have all the rewards that goes along with the a dirty nasty foul four letter word - WORK

there is another nasty four letter word that applies to most people, they are LAZY

the Republic is doomed, to do our indifference and apathy, we have no future living in freedom

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

Ungawa, actually I had no idea whatsoever regarding this. Reading the attachment of the "ITRR Alert" makes me think that Mark Potak at SPLC wrote it (behind every blade of grass is either a racist, terrorist or both), and I give it about the same (zero) credence. Just another taxpayer funded consultant that is likely kicking back to someone in gov.

However, it would not have nor does it make a bit of difference to me. My opinions on 2A (and other BOR issues) are in the files of every single member of the PA House and Senate and pretty widely dispersed in the US equivalents. I speak publicly every month on 2A issues, have openly signed several "will not comply" petitions, etc.. If the powers that be intend to flash bang me at 03:00 than so be it.

So, I guess the pertinent issue is in your last sentence where you state:

"You bet your ass people are intimidated, every level of state and federal government has said that we at this particular event should feel intimidated because we are the enemy and they are researching attendees."

Each of us can only ALLOW ourselves to be intimidated, regardless of the intent and or actions of the gov. or their underlings. Well, I'm not and I'll continue to speak my mind, go to rallies, sign petitions and let each branch of .gov know my feelings. I'm not a "keyboard commando-tough guy", but nor do I intimidate easily. IF anyone IS intimidated enough to not attend a rally in support for their constitutional rights, I guess the powers of .gov have already won the battle and we should all just go back to complaining to each other on the boards. If that is the extent of our resistance, we're in much worse shape than I thought.

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    You do know that PA and DHS jointly hired an Israeli security company to monitor us, look into our backgrounds, and gather all the information they could on us a few years ago, right? And that was after a DHS release stating that people planning to attend the rally were extremists and possible terrorists that required monitoring and cataloging. When it filtered down to state of PA level (that paid the Israeli security firm to gather intelligence on us and monitor us), the threat level was reduced to all extremists that required motoring but level of an actual attack was considered low.

All signed off on by our Governor, by the way. Local news and national news. No crazy stuff.

To answer your question, I have known several people who have been intimidated by this. The only person I know for certain who's behavior has been affected by concern is a friend we often head out with that won't bring a handgun because he is concerned about checking it.

You bet your ass people are intimidated, every level of state and federal government has said that we at this particular event should feel intimidated because we are the enemy and they are researching attendees.

(Cambria County)

Quote Originally Posted by jim-analog View Post

To Mr Carnes, are you volunteering to take on this effort after your comment about WFs "tantrum" and whining? MANY more people need to get involved, but like every organization I've ever been a part of, it's always the same 10 to 15 % that do 100% of the work, whatever that work may be. The rest are just along for the ride and to reap any benefits that result from the work of others.
    I think you may have misintrepreted my post. I do appreciate what WF does. I am grateful for people that stand up, and DO good things.

I know what it is like to be among the '10-15% that actually do the work,' in the midst of a thankless job. The only thing that keeps me going is the satisfaction I take in knowing I can do as well as I can given the circumstances I have been presented with. I don't do what I do because people do (or don't) thank me, and I don't do it because people do (or don't do) their part. I do what I do because it is necessary, and I take satisfaction from doing it well.

If I spent my time repremanding the people that 'should' be helping me, things would likely be a lot worse. Yelling at people for not showing up at a rally is a sure-fire way to ensure less people show up next time.

When you are trying to effect change through public speaking (such as a public forum) it is essential to use good judgment regarding the difference between what you think needs to be said to make change, and what needs to be heard to make change.

I regularly want to tell my people they aren't doing enough, but that is not what they need to hear. In fact, in a situation where I have no authority over them, berating can be the worst possible way to try to accomplish my objective.

WF has a good objective, but has to find his own satisfaction in what he is doing, and stop bitching at people he has no control over for not living up to his standard.

I know it's not his intention to push people away, but he is. I could be wrong about the cause, but for whatever reason, he is undermining his own efforts.

Regardless, I don't have any animosity toward him. His position is extraordinairly frustrating, and it is exceedingly difficult not to lash out. Carrying the weight of others sucks. That's why I encourage people to find a way to take satisfaction in their own effort, or get out. If you can't take satisfaction in your own effort, the burdon of the others you carry will affect your health, and it's not worth it.

(Bucks County)

Greetings,

My apologies if I misunderstood the intent of your comment (as it seems I did) Mr Carnes. I'm just very frustrated and getting a bit disenchanted at our (all gun owners) lack of commitment. I didn't mean to suggest you don't do your part or anything like that; actually it seems the 3 of us are (WF, you and me) really all saying the same thing in slightly different ways. We can each only do what we can. My best to you.

Regards, Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    I think you may have misintrepreted my post. I do appreciate what WF does. I am grateful for people that stand up, and DO good things.

I know what it is like to be among the '10-15% that actually do the work,' in the midst of a thankless job. The only thing that keeps me going is the satisfaction I take in knowing I can do as well as I can given the circumstances I have been presented with. I don't do what I do because people do (or don't) thank me, and I don't do it because people do (or don't do) their part. I do what I do because it is necessary, and I take satisfaction from doing it well.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213