Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Re: 2015 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

Quote Originally Posted by Pa_4_2A View Post
    Hello I am brand-new to PA as well as to this forum this is my first post. I have a nicely growing collection and my LT CF. I am leaving to go the day before or possibly early the day of if anybody's going to Dave f early the day of if anybody is going early the day of. I have a couple of seats available to carpool and I'm certainly willing to drive. I definitely have a question about concealed or open carry at the event because we will be in/near Government buildings. I don't want to leave my fire on in my car but I definitely want to bring it. Can somebody give me some advice on how this is taken care of. Feel free to contact me about carpooling I'm pretty flexible.
    OC or CC are fine as far as I know. You need to check your firearm in with capital security before entering the actual building. Check Whitefeather's link in the op for the website devoted to the rally for info on where to go that day to check it. You can print out the firearms check in form off that site and fill it out in advance to speed up the process a little.

Welcome to PA and to the forum as well.

(Adams County)

I am coming to this event, and as I threa ...er... promised I have some new-guy type questions. First, there was some mention of a group doing some preliminary reconnaissance on Monday. Would it be possible for a stranger to join in? My reasons are twofold, first to help out in any way that I can, and also to try to get a ground-floor start on learning my way around Pennsylvania politics and gun issues from the experts. Could someone let me know how to join this group, if that's an option.

As I said previously, I am new to both PA and legally carrying a firearm (with my shiny new LTCF) so I'm not familiar with how open carry might be received by "the public" around Harrisburg. (I am assuming one focus of this event is to present a good showing of upstanding citizens open carrying, in addition to contact with legislators. Feel free to set me straight if I'm operating under a misperception.) I'm also thinking of trying to make the breakfast at Cracker Barrel, assuming it's also OK to OC in the restaurant and after that on the bus from the parking lot to the rally site.

I was looking to fill out the on-line form to check a firearm at the capitol to save a few minutes on Tuesday. What the heck is an OLN? And finally, what's the protocol for firearm handling at checkin: put it in the box in the holster, unload & clear (maybe with a chamber flag) or ????
    O(ld) F(at) & U(gly)

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by OF&U View Post
    I am coming to this event, and as I threa ...er... promised I have some new-guy type questions. First, there was some mention of a group doing some preliminary reconnaissance on Monday. Would it be possible for a stranger to join in? My reasons are twofold, first to help out in any way that I can, and also to try to get a ground-floor start on learning my way around Pennsylvania politics and gun issues from the experts. Could someone let me know how to join this group, if that's an option.

As I said previously, I am new to both PA and legally carrying a firearm (with my shiny new LTCF) so I'm not familiar with how open carry might be received by "the public" around Harrisburg. (I am assuming one focus of this event is to present a good showing of upstanding citizens open carrying, in addition to contact with legislators. Feel free to set me straight if I'm operating under a misperception.) I'm also thinking of trying to make the breakfast at Cracker Barrel, assuming it's also OK to OC in the restaurant and after that on the bus from the parking lot to the rally site.

I was looking to fill out the on-line form to check a firearm at the capitol to save a few minutes on Tuesday. What the heck is an OLN? And finally, what's the protocol for firearm handling at checkin: put it in the box in the holster, unload & clear (maybe with a chamber flag) or ????

The object is to teach gun owners that want to learn HOW to be effective activist and YES you can tag along with us on Monday 11th.

Anyone that shows up at the only entrance that you can check in firearms on Monday and is friendly-willing-open minded are always welcome to come with us, that is how to best be educated with on the job training.

many of our current A-Team members started the same way, by coming to open invitation.

as to a specific time

we have 4-5 hour one way ride to HBG from western PA and a lot of possible things can cause time delay to give anyone a firm ETA, (best guess 11 AM +/-) still if you are there on the other side of security and already checked in you will always know we the A-Team shows and goes through security.

Send me a PM with name and cell phone number and I will call you back to answer all of your specific questions

OLN = Operator License Number is above right above DOB in bigger text at top od DL

safety first, place loaded handgun as per officer instructions.

the officers have to verify serial number and have your LTCF permit, along with your pre filled out forms to expedite the process. (both top and bottom section as one is your receipt to make sure it returned to you the other section is their copy to make sure they gave it back to you)

You may need your driver license and or LTCF besides the other half of the receipt to prove its really your firearm and you just didn't find a lost form on the ground and trying to pull a fast one when you leave the capital complex for the day

handling during clearing and re-loading have a much higher danger factor than just placing load handgun on a shelf and having no touch it again.

Please Re- Read OP as to purpose of this specific event, as this event is not about carrying a firearm to make "a statement".

Last edited by WhiteFeather; May 8th, 2015 at 01:48 PM. Reason: edited ETA estimate
    Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

(Lancaster County)

I just wanted to let everyone know that the PA Cyber Schools are having a rally on the same day/time as this event. Expect there to be lots of soccer moms and kids around the capitol the same time. Be on your best behavior.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    I just wanted to let everyone know that the PA Cyber Schools are having a rally on the same day/time as this event. Expect there to be lots of soccer moms and kids around the capitol the same time. Be on your best behavior.

If you'd ever been to one you would know there are often other rallies.

And, not surprisingly, often over issues I don't find favorable. Because they are paid or given time off to go by the government or organizations supported by taxpayer money.

In 2013 there was about a 45 minute wait to get in and a school administrator forced about 50 black kids into the line ahead of us with no authority whatsoever about 10 minutes before we would have had a chance to get inside and check our guns.
    Last edited by ungawa; May 7th, 2015 at 10:16 PM.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Oh no! Think of the CHILDREN! And all those guns. They might just jump out of their holsters and start firing by themselves!
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Oh no! Think of the CHILDREN! And all those guns. They might just jump out of their holsters and start firing by themselves!
    That isn't what I was saying by any stretch. People that cyber/home school are generally conservative types and if not exposed to firearms are probably fence sitters.

Plus that rally is another cause I'm interested in as any decision that is made by our pro-union governor directly affects my children.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Adams County)

[QUOTE=WhiteFeather;3050686]The object is to teach gun owners that want to learn HOW to be effective activist and YES you can tag along with us on Monday 11th.

Anyone that shows up at the only entrance that you can check in firearms on Monday and is friendly-willing-open minded are always welcome to come with us, that is how to best be educated with on the job training.

many of our current A-Team members started the same way, by coming to open invitation.

as to a specific time

we have 4-5 hour one way ride to HBG from western PA and a lot of possible things can cause time delay to give anyone a firm ETA, still if you are there on the other side of security and already checked in you will always know we the A-Team shows and goes through security.

Send me a PM with name and cell phone number and I will call you back to answer all of your specific questions

OLN = Operator License Number is above right above DOB in bigger text at top od DL

safety first, place loaded handgun as per officer instructions.

the officers have to verify serial number and have your LTCF permit, along with your pre filled out forms to expedite the process. (both top and bottom section as one is your receipt to make sure it returned to you the other section is their copy to make sure they gave it back to you)

You may need your driver license and or LTCF besides the other half of the receipt to prove its really your firearm and you just didn't find a lost form on the ground and trying to pull a fast one when you leave the capital complex for the day

handling during clearing and re-loading have a much higher danger factor than just placing load handgun on a shelf and having no touch it again.

Please Re- Read OP as to purpose of this specific event, as this event is not about carrying a firearm to make "a statement".

[/QUOTE

]Thanks for the information. I guess just putting "Driver's License Number" on the form would cause too much confusion. Never having gone through security checking a firearm I had no idea how the police would want to handle it, I too was concerned that too much handling could lead to something unfortunate, especially where it's not necessarily a given that everyone passing through would be completely familiar with what they are carrying (although they really should be!) And I did get that it's not about making a statement, I tried to word my post to reflect that. PM inbound, hope to meet you on Monday.
    O(ld) F(at) & U(gly)

(Wayne County)

See you all tomorrw, make sure you have your slip filled out if your going tocheck your weapon.

See you there!
    "The Intelligence Of The People Is The Security Of The Nation" We're doomed!

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast