Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JohnXD View Post
    Ok, I've come on here and said this before, and I guess I have to say it again. Please stop arguing here. This scares away new people who might be taking an interest in the event. We need as many new faces as we can get. Posturing, or becoming defensive about each of our personal situations regarding this event, only serves to make some people, who are already unsure of what there role or responsibilities will be when dealing with our legislators, more likely to let the opportunity to make a difference, slip away.

This is not directed at any one person here. But please, stop arguing, and just go to the event if it is at all possible for you to do so. Please do not responses here that read something like: I wish I could go, but I can't get out of work, or I have to pick up the kid at school. If that is really the case, it's understandable, but posting it here probably encourages others to also take the easy way out, because others are also doing that.
    Part of freedom includes hearing that you don't agree with. Members should be allowed to post as they wish regardless of if you agree with them or not.

(Lebanon County)

Default Re: 2015 2nd Amendment Action Day & lobbying event.

I'm on the fence on whether to say yes or no...my employer often declines requests for single days off; it's happened to me multiple times in the past and I refrain from doing it; guess I could contact my representative & senator, but I'm not a good tactician with political folks...my buttons get pushed too easily at times; at the very least one of my friends will try to attend (mother's health & work schedule allowing); later y'all!

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by kmrcstintn View Post
    I'm on the fence on whether to say yes or no...my employer often declines requests for single days off; it's happened to me multiple times in the past and I refrain from doing it; guess I could contact my representative & senator, but I'm not a good tactician with political folks...my buttons get pushed too easily at times; at the very least one of my friends will try to attend (mother's health & work schedule allowing); later y'all!
    Kmrcstintn,

If you make it to the event, you're encouraged to spend time walking around the Capitol halls as part of a team, with an experienced team lead to keep you on track and guide conversations (if needed).

It's much more powerful to walk into an office with a dozen people than to do it alone. Especially when at least one of that dozen is a constituent.
    FOAC Volunteer. NREMT-P. NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor & RSO. BSA Rangemaster. Act 235.
    Selling: Remington R1 1911

(Bucks County)

I am going to do my best to make it this year...

Hopefully can find more from the Bux-Mont area and we can carpool
    DISCOUNTS - Steel Target Paint: beaverje10 (10% off) | Wiland USA: jbeaver05 (5% off)

(Lebanon County)

requested the day off...now gotta wait to hear if it gets approved; now to decide whether to ccw or not if I can attend...it depends if I have the time to stay after the rally and hang for the day

(Wayne County)

I'll be there again this year, the least I can do is show up for my rights. Hope it doesn't rain on us this year. I'd like to see a massive rally in DC also.

(Lebanon County)

ssooo...where can I park that won't cost alot and won't have me constantly feeding parking meters? thanks...

(Chester County)

ssooo...where can I park that won't cost alot and won't have me constantly feeding parking meters? thanks...

I usually park in the 7th street garage: http://parkharrisburg.com/garage-lots/7th-st-garage/

I think they've raised their rates in the last year or so - $20 isn't cheap, but its not a far walk, and no meters.
    FOAC Volunteer. NREMT-P. NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun Instructor & RSO. BSA Rangemaster. Act 235.
    Selling: Remington R1 1911

(York County)

I've parked at the second street garage as well, it's only a two to three block hike from there too
    Last edited by Jhaydeno; April 1st, 2015 at 05:51 PM.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Allegheny County)

Directions -maps and other assorted stuff is available here

http://www.2arally.com/getting-there/

Parking

The below map identifies places where you can park while attending the rally.

Learn how to really SUPPORT the 2nd Amendment cause Go To http://www.foac-pac.org/

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast