Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Hello, and question!

Hey everyone. I got my LTCF permit several months ago, and have been carrying most of the time ever since.

I've read through pages and pages on this forum, and the information is fantastic!

One question I have, and maybe it already exists somewhere, but is there a list of places that have 'no firearms' signs? Businesses you've come across.

Admittedly, I've never really looked for those signs before, and several times recently I'd park, walk all the way to the front door of a store, see a sign, and have to walk all the way back and put my gun in my car. That sucks, especially in winter, walking with a 4 year old, etc!

So, if there's anything available, or anyone has noticed places where firearms aren't welcome, could we list them? I'm not looking to 'avoid' those businesses, but it would save a lot of time and aggravation knowing that certain stores do not permit firearms.

Thanks!

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Hello, and question!

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapin View Post
    Hey everyone. I got my LTCF permit several months ago, and have been carrying most of the time ever since.

I've read through pages and pages on this forum, and the information is fantastic!

One question I have, and maybe it already exists somewhere, but is there a list of places that have 'no firearms' signs? Businesses you've come across.

Admittedly, I've never really looked for those signs before, and several times recently I'd park, walk all the way to the front door of a store, see a sign, and have to walk all the way back and put my gun in my car. That sucks, especially in winter, walking with a 4 year old, etc!

So, if there's anything available, or anyone has noticed places where firearms aren't welcome, could we list them? I'm not looking to 'avoid' those businesses, but it would save a lot of time and aggravation knowing that certain stores do not permit firearms.

Thanks!
    I believe there is a list like this somewhere on the forum did you try searching? (but think its more food based, as in what places are gunfriendly to eat and not)

concealed means concealed although i dont advise you to break any property laws, the gun is much safer and in a better place on your person than locked in your vehicle

If you were spotted CC, you will be asked to leave and if at that time you do not then you can be charged with trespassing...my life is worth more

Also, even if a place does not have signs they can ask you to leave (Private property rights)....most signs are small and ambigious and may miss over them

A search of gun-friendly estasblishments draws these hits:

http://forum.pafoa.org/search.php?searchid=7012334
    Last edited by Svickstc; January 22nd, 2015 at 11:14 AM.

Thanks!
    You can use the friend or foe website as a start.

http://friendorfoe.us

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    I believe there is a list like this somewhere on the forum did you try searching? (but think its more food based, as in what places are gunfriendly to eat and not)

concealed means concealed although i dont advise you to break any property laws, the gun is much safer and in a better place on your person than locked in your vehicle

If you were spotted CC, you will be asked to leave and if at that time you do not then you can be charged with trespassing...my life is worth more

Also, even if a place does not have signs they can ask you to leave (Private property rights)....most signs are small and ambigious and may miss over them

A search of gun-friendly estasblishments draws these hits:

http://forum.pafoa.org/search.php?searchid=7012334
    Thanks, and that was kind of another question; if you are carrying, do you continue to do so in an unfriendly place. And God forbid, if an incident happened while you were in say Toys R Us, and you had to produce (or again God forbid) use your weapon, will you be charged above and beyond what you may have been in a 'friendly' establishment?

(Bucks County)

Thanks, and that was kind of another question; if you are carrying, do you continue to do so in an unfriendly place. And God forbid, if an incident happened while you were in say Toys R Us, and you had to produce (or again God forbid) use your weapon, will you be charged above and beyond what you may have been in a 'friendly' establishment?
    INAL( I am not a laywer, in case you see this reference in the future), but id imagine you could only be charged with a few minor things (trespassing, maybe some stupid stuff that would get dropped in the event of a true SD shooting)...

Like i said my life is worth more, no one needs to know you're carrying unless it comes time to defend your life and at that point if you are willign to produce your weapon in a public setting, does a trespassing charge matter to you?

(Northampton County)

I've seen a sign on one business ever.

Probably depends on the prosecutor. Last year there was a shooting at Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital where a doctor shot a person with a gun. It was a "gun free zone" and the doctor was not suppose to have a firearm. He was not charged.

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I've seen a sign on one business ever.
    Toys R Us and Chuck E Cheese are two I've encountered in the last 48 hours.

(Bucks County)

Toys R Us and Chuck E Cheese are two I've encountered in the last 48 hours.
    Any mall/movie theater you visit has them too for the most part at least all the ones ive been too...

either he doesnt get out much or he has a blind eye to the sigsn for other reasons, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Svickstc View Post
    Any mall/movie theater you visit has them too for the most part at least all the ones ive been too...

either he doesnt get out much or he has a blind eye to the sigsn for other reasons, lol
    Plausible Deniability? There is something to be said not to be looking to hard for a sign. If they are serious about not having you carry in their store, they can make the sign obvious.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast