Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Warren County)

Default Re: Hello, and question!

Quote Originally Posted by BobGun View Post
    I guess I am in a minority here. I will not go into any store that does not respect my right to self defense because that is like send money to the Brady group. I have not been in or bought anything from a Toys r Us since they started posting. I also refused to go to a birthday party for my nieces daughter because it was being held at a Chuckees. I have also stopped making donations to Goodwill for this reason.
    This is my policy. I make exceptions to policy, but I do not allow the sheeple to disarm me when I am CCing.

In Ohio, the signs carry the force of law, so I am extra careful there.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Delaware County)

Chuckie cheese doesn't have a sign posted on the front door. Its noted on the "rules" sign that is located in the vestibule. Grin and Ignore it.. well i do. Also an App called Posted! Is available for download to your phone. I use it as a guide tool.
    SEMPER GUMBY

(Dauphin County)

If I know for certain I am not legally allowed to carry somewhere, I don't carry there. (In post offices, for example, because of federal law.)

If I am unsure, I assume I am allowed to carry unless I am told otherwise by a person in a position to do so (e.g. an employee of a store or a host of a restaurant) or I take notice of a sign prohibiting carry. I don't go looking for signs which aren't posted in a manner likely to come to my attention. (12 point type in the middle of a list on a wall 10 feet away is not likely to come to my attention.)

Businesses may change their polices on carry at any time. I can't be expected to read every news item and press release, nor immediately speak to an agent of every business every time I enter, so if a business wants me to not carry they need to make a reasonable effort to inform me of that fact. A big sign at eye level on the door with a gunbuster logo will do it. A tiny symbol lost in a clutter of others down off to the side, or a few words buried in the middle of a wall of text across the vestibule, do not make it likely that I will notice the stated prohibition.

In short, I attempt to honor the spirit and letter of 18 Pa.C.S. § 3503: Criminal trespass.
    Last edited by twency; January 23rd, 2015 at 11:59 AM. Reason: grammar
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    If I know for certain I am not legally allowed to carry somewhere, I don't carry there. (In post offices, for example, because of federal law.)

If I am unsure, I assume I am allowed to carry unless I am told otherwise by a person in a position to do so (e.g. an employee of a store or a host of a restaurant) or I take notice of a sign prohibiting carry. I don't go looking for signs which aren't posted in a manner likely to come to my attention.

~snip~
    My local Post Office used to have a no guns sign you wouldn't see until leaving the lobby, an area separate from the PO boxes but in the same building. The sign, posted on the door into the area you interact with the employees, faced inwards.

Knowing I can't carry in a PO I never did, but I have to wonder if anyone who didn't know that figured it out as they left the lobby.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    My local Post Office used to have a no guns sign you wouldn't see until leaving the lobby, an area separate from the PO boxes but in the same building. The sign, posted on the door into the area you interact with the employees, faced inwards.

Knowing I can't carry in a PO I never did, but I have to wonder if anyone who didn't know that figured it out as they left the lobby.
    Reminds me of those silly "You just passed …" signs for stores and restaurants that seem to be especially popular in Lancaster county. I assume the point of them is to encourage you to turn around. But in this case it's "Too late, you just broke the law."
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123