Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Westmoreland County)

Default Grand Jury recommendation on AG Kane

Jan 21 2015 A grand jury has recommended Pennsylvania Attorney General Kathleen Kane face charges of perjury, false swearing, official oppression, obstruction of law, according to court records.

The records, ordered unsealed late Tuesday by the state Supreme Court and obtained this morning, were related to legal filings in which Kane's defense team asked the state Supreme Court to quash the grand jury.

Kane's defense team argued a Montgomery County judge had no authority to appoint a special prosecutor to run a grand jury under state law and the state constitution's separation of powers clause prohibits the court from investigating a member of the executive branch, Kane.
    The Supreme Court on Tuesday denied the motion to quash the grand jury and unsealed the records as requested by Kane's defense lawyers.

The media got copies of the court records this morning in Harrisburg.

Kane has maintained her innocence and has not been officially charged with any crimes.
    Kane reiterated her innocence and vowed not to resign during a news conference today in Philadelphia concerning a drug investigation her office conducted. Kane said she must deal with the grand jury probe but she still has work to do as the state's elected attorney general.

"No I wont resign and I'll tell you why," Kane said. "I told the people of Pennsylvania I would fight public corruption and that is exactly what this is. The court systems are being used to overturn an election of somebody they just don't like. Somebody who is cleaning up Harrisburg, somebody who is taking child predators off the streets.

"So I'm not giving up, because I'm not in this just for me," she continued. "I'm in this for everybody. Quite honestly if they'll do it to me, they'll do it to somebody else and that is unacceptable in my book."
    http://www.mcall.com/news/breaking/m...121-story.html

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Grand Jury recommendation on AG Kane

What a drama queen!

"No I wont resign and I'll tell you why," Kane said. "I told the people of Pennsylvania I would fight public corruption and that is exactly what this is. The court systems are being used to overturn an election of somebody they just don't like. Somebody who is cleaning up Harrisburg, somebody who is taking child predators off the streets.

"So I'm not giving up, because I'm not in this just for me," she continued. "I'm in this for everybody. Quite honestly if they'll do it to me, they'll do it to somebody else and that is unacceptable in my book."
    So how many "child predators" has this person taken off of the streets of Harrisburg? Didn't Janet Reno have the FBI storm the Branch Davidian "Ranch Apocalypse" for the same reason?

Fear when these people speak of "Saving the children". Sometimes they do not do good.

Seriously - how many perverts has this person removed from the Streets? How many crooked politicians were allowed to walk free because of their race? What is her job, exactly? Is she doing her job?

Clinton's old pal, Lanny Davis, continues to earn his pay.....

Earlier in the day, one of Kane's lawyers said Kane did not violate grand jury secrecy law.

"What the attorney general has said from the very beginning is true and it remains true: She never authorized any illegal leaks of grand jury information under Pennsylvania law," Kane's lawyer Lanny Davis said in a statement released this morning.

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: Grand Jury recommendation on AG Kane

Kane entered office in 2013 as a rising star in Democratic politics. She won praise for rejecting as unconstitutional a contract that former Gov. Tom Corbett had sought to privatize management of the state lottery system, and for closing a gun-purchase loophole.

Oh? What "Gun Purchase Loophole?" did AG Kane "close"?