Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Driving & Trapped

I herd of a professionally taught firearm combat school that holds classes for little cost for the benefit We The People. I decided to attend one of the classes. I open carried in condition-2, just in case the instructor demanded that there be no-guns carried until he instructed otherwise.

About 1/4th of the drive up I had a frightening experience. It started as I was making a full-stop at a busy intersection. As I was stopping I felt my steering going all-over the place. I was wondering why in the fuck is my wheel wobbling so much? Maybe it's the road making my steering wheel move? After that thought I looked up, and there at the right corner of the walkway is some-young-guy, overdressed in baggy clothes, zeroing in on me hard with his eye balls.

That's when I knew this motherfucker (dramatics) was up to something, and I was the target. He came right at me. As he made his approach I was about to throw my car door open, and get out of my car without even putting the vehicle in park. In that situation I never prepared to defend myself. Anyway as soon as I started to move he put his hands in the air. I sat back down, and got my car into park.

I came frighteningly close to drawing my handgun. He must of had no idea I was armed, because then he was telling me some-stories, and asking me if he could give him a ride. He looked right at my door handle. I looked right at the lock-door button, and locked it. He went onto the next car over, and the other driver over turned into stone. The other driver wouldn't even look at the guy. What a coward.

Then the suspect walked away back to the corner of the intersection, and shook his head as if we were letting him down. As he walked away I noticed he still had price tags on everything he was wearing. Including one on the very top of his hat. After it was over I realized everything happened way to fast to think. Live action - as it is happening is a place in time where there's no time to decide what to do. Science says we use only about 10% of our conscientious-mind, and the rest - most of out actions is made by our subconscious mind.

Conclusion on what to do:
    When trapped in a vehicle, and can't get away:

1) Put car into park.

2) Remove seat belt. Then exit vehicle.

I believe this is a necessary drill.

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Driving & Trapped

A guy had a bunch of layers on (in the cold) and looked at you as he was walking toward your car. He wanted a ride, and you almost drew? I'm missing something here.

(Allegheny County)

If you can't see the bottom of the tires of the car in front of you you are to close to get around them. Don't do that and the chances of you actually being trapped are significantly less.

Also lock your door as soon as you start driving.

I doubt I would get out of the vehicle. Although I would have possibly considered drawing inside if possible.

Exiting seems like a bad idea, but it could have been your only option.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Bucks County)

So why was your steering wheel wobbling?
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by HUHwhat View Post
    About 1/4th of the drive up I had a frightening experience. It started as I was making a full-stop (Stop is not subjected to gradation) at a busy intersection.

As I was stopping I felt my steering going all-over the place. I was wondering why in the fuck is my wheel wobbling so much?
    I'd be wondering more about this than some guy looking for a ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowline View Post
    A guy had a bunch of layers on (in the cold) and looked at you as he was walking toward your car. He wanted a ride, and you almost drew? I'm missing something here.
    Yes.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    So why was your steering wheel wobbling?
    Bumpy street. Steering is fine.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by HUHwhat View Post
    Yes.
    One word answers don't typically help to foster conversation. Perhaps you could elaborate? What am I missing that caused you to feel your life was in danger?

(Lycoming County)

(Montgomery County)

I don't get it. Was your car completely disabled? Was there a correlation between bumpy steering and the guy? Did he throw some obstacles onto the road?

Honestly I don't think I'm exiting the car in this situation....

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast