Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Default Re: How many LTCF licenses has PA issued to date?

Someone made a similar point earlier about another state, but I can't help but wonder why more people don't have permits for the ease of moving (in a car) guns, possessing loaned guns legally, etc.

I made my girlfriend (at the time) go get an LTCF after a fashion for exactly that reason. Also made her learn gun safety and to shoot over her (then) objection.

(Allegheny County)

I read somewhere a while back that 60% of the new permits issued in Allegheny county are to women. One of my employees who's not a gun person herself has already said she is marching her daughter down to the Sheriffs office on her 21st birthday (March) to get her carry permit.

This is a real problem for the anti's, the more women that arm themselves especially when they have a carry permit makes it that much harder to politically restrict any firearm. Guns empower women and that is something the anti's can not afford to happen. It is easy to say guys carry guns because they have a small package, what are you going to use to demean a woman who owns a gun and carries, it's the tiny tits syndrome ?

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by pyld View Post
    Someone made a similar point earlier about another state, but I can't help but wonder why more people don't have permits for the ease of moving (in a car) guns, possessing loaned guns legally, etc.

I made my girlfriend (at the time) go get an LTCF after a fashion for exactly that reason. Also made her learn gun safety and to shoot over her (then) objection.
    It is because most gun owners just keep their guns at home and don't lend them out(legally).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Northampton County)

I think most people are not aware of those restrictions.

(Juniata County)

Most people have no idea what the law says. It is worded poorly, confusing, & in clear violation of our Commonwealth's Constitution. The regs are spread out in at least half a dozen different acts, often using the same words with totally different meanings.

Just this week I asked a game commission officer at the farm show about the spot lighting laws. (As I saw some questionable activity)

HE said that spotlight with a firearm was illegal, unless the person has a valid firearms permit.

However, my LTCF does not cover long arms, because in Pennsylvania a Long arm is not a firearm, except that in the game commission language/ rules a rifle is repeatedly called a firearm. The latest Copy of the rules (handly book they put out) went to great lengths to repeatedly mention most firearms legal for hunting do not fall under a LTCF - but never once gave an example or printed the laws to make the public of what weapons would be legal to hunt with & fall under the "can be transported loaded" protection of a LTCF.

Off and I believe revolvers & a Mare's Leg would both be acceptable.

The only decent source to obtain information is on this

Most people assume the laws are reasonable. They are not.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Unfortunately, Florida passed us up just a few years ago. PA had the #1 position for many many many years. But Florida's higher number is easy to explain with it being one of the favorites for non-residents, and with a much higher population.

What gets me is Texas. TX has just about twice as many residents, but over 284K less licensees, and they have no-unlicensed option aside from long guns and in-car carry. TX is supposedly one of those "gun loving" states, but their numbers of licensees is less than half the percentage of PA's.
    Go here.... https://www.txdps.state.tx.us/RSD/CH...CHLStatute.pdf

The Texas CCW is more difficult than the PA CCW. You can be disqualified for all sorts of reasons.....

... has not been finally determined to be delinquent in making a child support payment administered or collected by the attorney general;

(11) has not been finally determined to be delinquent in the payment of a tax or other money collected by the comptroller, the tax collector of a
    political subdivision of the state, or any agency or subdivision of the state;
    I dimly recall something about being denied a CCW if you are in default for Student Loan payments. I am not sure if that's still in play.

Oh, and you have to exercise "proficiency". It's not a hard test. I routinely practice up to beyond it.

In contrast the PA CCW is easy. You don't break certain laws, you get documented.

You are expected to exercise your own tests of proficiency, distance awareness and so on.
    Last edited by GeneCC; January 21st, 2015 at 05:24 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ALS View Post
    Guns empower women and that is something the anti's can not afford to happen.

Miss Collins raises the point of self defense. There is some sort of apology for useful idiots who are "afraid" of people carrying concealed because they "would not be free to speak their minds". As a veteran of the US college system I know what passes for "Free Speech" isn't very free. Yes, some of these Progressives can be violent. Perhaps they are afraid of people shooting them, not out of outrage of their ideas but because Progressives can "get in your face" about their beliefs.

Senator Hudak lectures young Amanda on the "dangers" of her carrying a firearm, how it endangers her. "Statistics' she cribs from the Violence Policy Center, a ratio of one woman who kills someone in self defense to eighty three who are killed (or some blather of that sort).

Ms. Collins retorts to Senator Hudak.

"He already had a weapon of his own. He didn't need mine."

God made man. Sam Colt made man equal.
    Last edited by GeneCC; January 21st, 2015 at 05:23 PM.

(Westmoreland County)

Here's a 911 call from a bed ridden woman. She is using a walker.

She has dogs.

It's not a nice call.... she is attacked while on the phone.

He disrobed her, told her "a bitch like you is going to die"... the police showed up "in time". Well, maybe.

Took five police to restrain this yo-yo. The police report, "Female down... a sexual assault".

A some of us like to say, "Dial 911 and die".

(Tioga County)

I like the saying,"When seconds count, the police are minutes away."
    USNRET '61-'81

(Centre County)

6,793,321 just a guess tho
    DEEDS NOT WORDS..GFY!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast