Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gun trust

(Northampton County)

Default gun trust

does anyone know if 199trust is a legal gun trust in p.a.
    Last edited by striper59; November 11th, 2015 at 08:24 AM. Reason: close post

(Washington County)

Default Re: gun trust

Yes, we have many customers who use their service without any issues and they are currently running a special for $79.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Northampton County)

Shoot me a PM, I can set you up and I'm located in Bangor.

-Mike

(York County)

The $79 trust deal has me skeptical.. maybe they are filling the niche market with a price point others won't. What are some of the other groups or attorney's charging on average for a similar trust at current times?

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by striper59 View Post
    does anyone know if 199trust is a legal gun trust in p.a.
    yep, mine's gotten me 3 stamps so far with e-file form 1s.

(Washington County)

I have my stamps with a trust from them and know a lot of people with the same success. See the link in my sig.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Pike County)

Going to take the plunge on this.

Looking at the form that needs to be filled out at 199Trust. I have a question. If I have myself listed as Settlor and trustee and my wife as successor trustee. Is she allowed to use the firearms on the trust without me being present? If I'm at work can she just grab the stuff and go shooting?

Or should she be listed as co-trustee and a third party (my nephew) be listed as Successor trustee?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by AirportFF View Post
    Going to take the plunge on this.

Looking at the form that needs to be filled out at 199Trust. I have a question. If I have myself listed as Settlor and trustee and my wife as successor trustee. Is she allowed to use the firearms on the trust without me being present? If I'm at work can she just grab the stuff and go shooting?

Or should she be listed as co-trustee and a third party (my nephew) be listed as Successor trustee?
    You and your wife should be trustee's and someone you "trust" should be the successor trustee to step in and run the trust when you can no longer handle your affairs. This will allow your wife to have control of any items in the trust now, while your nephew can't until he takes control of the trust at a later date.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

(Pike County)

Thanks. One more thing. My nephew lives in upstate NY. Is that a problem since most if not all things that will be on this trust are illegal in NY. He will be listed as Successor as well as beneficiary (along with my son who also lives in NY)

I just want to make sure that if something happens to my wife and I the BATF won't swoop in and take everything. They will at least get a chance to sell it off.

(Berks County)

Keep in mind getting stamps with a trust doesn't mean it'll hold up in court of law if it's not written properly. The ATF doesn't have lawyers look over the trust's to see if they are 100% valid in the states that they are set up in. It is up to the end user to make sure their trust is concurrent with the laws in the state they reside in. Good luck with those bargain basement trusts if a serious legal issue comes your way and it wasn't properly written.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast