Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: SX3 Gray Shadow

(Dauphin County)

Default SX3 Gray Shadow

http://www.winchesterguns.com/produc...17C&mid=511099

I would like to know if anyone has first hand knowledge on this gun. It was only made in 2009, 2010. I'm trying to find out if the whole gun was gray or just the receiver and barrel. I've found one with the receiver and barrel gray. But I think it's called the SX3 Composite which is a nice gun in itself. But I'd prefer the more unique gun. I'm weird like that any info would help.

Default Re: SX3 Gray Shadow

I just saw one a few weeks ago, the whole gun was gray. I'm drawing a blank on where i saw it tho.

(Chester County)

That looks a lot like the former Smith and Wesson 1000 shotgun that was manufactured by Howa of Japan. It even describes the same piston actuated and vented " Active Valve System" . I had a Super Skeet 1000 back in the early 90's. I still have some parts for it. It suffered from fail to feed until I figured out the feeding system and the spring for the shell stopper was deformed and letting two shells out of the magazine.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufac...245.htm?page=5

http://www.ggarchives.com/bangor-pun...-shotguns.html

I understand that Winchester is using Howa to make some of their firearms these days and this might be a reintroduction of this shotgun. It's pretty was heavy but it shot nice once I got the feeding issue remedied.
    Last edited by JenniferG; January 22nd, 2015 at 04:55 PM.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by shooterreflex24 View Post
    I just saw one a few weeks ago, the whole gun was gray. I'm drawing a blank on where i saw it tho.
    I would be interested to know where. If you remember let me know. I just bought a SX3 Composite (Gray receiver and barrel only) NIB. For $900 shipped. I only found one guy selling the Gray Shadow used $850 firm. So I think I made out. But would like to see the Gray in person

(Dauphin County)

I've read nothing but good things. Over 100 cabelas reviews and it like 4.7 star rating. As for where it is made. It says made by FN in Belgium on the Box... so here's hoping

I have one, and it is by far, my favorite hunting shotgun. It cycles crazy fast, and is very light in the recoil department. My only complaint is that the rubbery finish is wearing off the stock and forearm. Not a big deal since I shoot it a lot. Also, it eats everything I feed it.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by t99hv View Post
    I have one, and it is by far, my favorite hunting shotgun. It cycles crazy fast, and is very light in the recoil department. My only complaint is that the rubbery finish is wearing off the stock and forearm. Not a big deal since I shoot it a lot. Also, it eats everything I feed it.

Ya SX3's are known for that. Can't wait to pick my Composite at the gun shop