Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default Concealed carry question

I was wondering if Monroe has a limit on how many rounds you can have in magazine when cc? And does cc only apply to handguns or sbs/sbr's?
    Thanks for the time guys

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Concealed carry question

In the state of PA, there is no mag limit of any sort. I carry a 23 rounder for my G23 as a reload.

If you have a NFA SBS or SBR, or AOW, you can CC that as well, no mag limit again.

(Dauphin County)

I was wondering if Monroe has a limit on how many rounds you can have in magazine when cc?
    Not legally, no. I can't say for sure that no such law exists, but I very much doubt it. If such a law did exist it would be illegal and unenforceable due to state preemption.

And does cc only apply to handguns or sbs/sbr's?
    I'm not completely sure what you mean by this. From a carry standpoint all of the following are in the same category of "firearm":
    Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches.
    The only distinction between "firearms" that are covered by the NFA and those that aren't is that in the case of an NFA firearm you might need to be able to produce proof that you "complied with the National Firearms Act (26 U.S.C. § 5801 et seq.)". So it probably would behoove you to keep a copy of your relevant paperwork handy.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Monroe County)

Thanks guys. I been looking at getting a FNX which holds 15 plus 1 in 45 ACP. I was told that there is a 10 round limit on Monroe. I just couldn't find anything on it what so ever. And yesI plan on going down the legal route for any and all NFA firearm "toys" that should be eligible to buy without jumping thru hopes. How about when driving? I know they consider that "concealed carry". As long as I have my CCP, I can have my gun(s) loaded on my person/car?

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Fattymcfatty30 View Post
    Thanks guys. I been looking at getting a FNX which holds 15 plus 1 in 45 ACP. I was told that there is a 10 round limit on Monroe. I just couldn't find anything on it what so ever. And yesI plan on going down the legal route for any and all NFA firearm "toys" that should be eligible to buy without jumping thru hopes. How about when driving? I know they consider that "concealed carry". As long as I have my CCP, I can have my gun(s) loaded on my person/car?
    With a license to carry firearms (LTCF) you can have a loaded firearm (for 99.9% of people, this means a handgun) on your person or inside your vehicle.

You can NOT have a loaded long gun, such as a rifle or shotgun.

A

There is NO magazine limit in Monroe county or in any county in PA when it comes a personal defense weapon carried by a holder of a LTCF. Who ever told you that needs to read the laws before they share any further firearm information with others.

When you apply for your LTCF at the Sherrifs office take one of the PA state firearms law pamphlets on the counter. Regarding NFA items the Sherrif is pretty easy going with signing off on the NFA paper work you just have to pay the freight to the Feds and do the long ass wait.
    Last edited by Hodgie; January 16th, 2015 at 03:51 AM.

(Monroe County)

Maybe they were talking Monroe NJ in Middlesex County.

Check with the young guy at the Armory on 209 Kresgeville. I'm 99% sure he's a Class 3 dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by Exbiker View Post
    Maybe they were talking Monroe NJ in Middlesex County.

Check with the young guy at the Armory on 209 Kresgeville. I'm 99% sure he's a Class 3 dealer.

They are a Class III dealer.

(Luzerne County)

With a SBR you can carry it open or concealed. You can also have it in your vehicle loaded. Just make sure you have a copy of your ATF stamp and your LTCF with you.

(Monroe County)

I was told that there is a 10 round limit on Monroe.
    I don't know who you've been talking to but you're hanging with the wrong people lol...thankfully you found us.

It has already been answered but I am going to add just a little.
    NO ROUND LIMIT IN PA - NONE...want a 100 round AR drum...have at it!
    No county has the authority to make their own laws regarding round count or anything else contrary to state law. State gun laws supersede any and all local ordinances.
    NOW...if you shoot on a STATE RANGE...6 rounds in a handgun and 3 in a long gun - rifle or shotgun.
    NRA Instructor/RSO
    C.A.R. Instructor
    Certified Glock Armorer