Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Schuylkill County)

Default But you get a nice DECAL!

Got a call from the 'National Narcotics Undercover' something. Seems that these people are so desperate for money they are telemarketing for MORE $$$$$. Seminars, Training who cares.

After sitting through the spiel (gotta waste their time like they are wasting mine) I say that the war on drugs is a waste of time and money, and if the job is so dangerous they should quit and get a better one.

So the telemarketer say ' For $22 you would get a nice decal for your vehicle to show your support'.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA CLICK!!!!

Even telling them to put me on the no call will not work... non profits are exempt.

(Berks County)

Default Re: But you get a nice DECAL!

If non-profits are exempt, it is your duty to keep the caller on the line for as long as possible. Get him to read every line possible in his script, back him up all over the place, etc.

I almost miss my landline and telemarketers. Almost.

(Berks County)

I've been at my new home for about a year now. The non-profit calls have slowed down a bit but when I first got my land line hooked up I was getting them a couple times per month.

One month I went ahead and donated to the National Narcotics fund and got my decal. The following month I got a second call from them asking for more money. When I explained that I just donated I was told "but this is for next year, your last donation was for this year"

I have learned my lesson and will not donate again.

After reading this thread, I went ahead and gave Law Enfocement Against Prohibition $25. Gotta love the instant gratification of an online political donation.

After nearly four decades of fueling the U.S. policy of a war on drugs with over a trillion tax dollars and 37 million arrests for nonviolent drug offenses, our confined population has quadrupled making building prisons the fastest growing industry in the United States. More than 2.2 million of our citizens are currently incarcerated and every year we arrest an additional 1.9 million more guaranteeing those prisons will be bursting at their seams. Every year we choose to continue this war will cost U.S. taxpayers another 69 billion dollars. Despite all the lives we have destroyed and all the money so ill spent, today illicit drugs are cheaper, more potent, and far easier to get than they were 35 years ago at the beginning of the war on drugs. Meanwhile, people continue dying in our streets while drug barons and terrorists continue to grow richer than ever before. We would suggest that this scenario must be the very definition of a failed public policy. This madness must cease!

(Cambria County)

I hate... I HATE the 'War on Drugs."

Yes, drugs are bad... they are very bad. However, IT IS NOT THE PLACE OF GOVERNMENT TO PROTECT ITS CITIZENS FROM THEMSELVES!!!

Government can, however, ENCOURAGE people to do the right thing. The billions of dollars wasted on the 'war on drugs' could be better spend on prevention and rehab efforts.

The cigg companies have been forced to spend big gobs of cash on smoking prevention, and guess what... It is working.

Police will never, NEVER be able to convince people not to use drugs to escape the miserable existence they must deal with every day. Life is hard for every person... Even Bill Gates has really shitty, miserable days. We need to send the message that drugs only serve as a temporary escape which ultimately makes things worse for the individual. We have to promote the original concepts of our founding fathers that we need to confront our problems and drive through them, and beyond... That we need to strive for success!

Drugs are not bad in and of themselves. Saying that drugs are bad is the same as saying that guns are bad. It is only the abuse of drugs/guns that is bad. It is only when people depend on drugs to escape the hardships of life, that drugs can be seen as evil.

Drugs will never go away... Lets focus on convincing people that drugs are not an escape from ones problems. We have to quit seeking an ideal where there are no problems, and there is no death. We do not need a war on drugs, we need to convince people that they can get through the trials and tribulations of life without drugs, and they will be much better for making the effort to do so.

Legalize here, legalize now. (not to mention the MASSIVE tax revenue)

Freedom. They died for it... Lets not squander it away!
    Last edited by Carnes; July 9th, 2008 at 06:14 PM.

(Chester County)

Oddly enough, the enemy we want to attack next, is much more mature on this than we are: linky.

(Delaware County)

"Wow! Hang on, let me go find my credit card!"

Place the phone down and go about your business. Hang it back up after you hear the "off the hook" warble.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by imashooter2 View Post
    "Wow! Hang on, let me go find my credit card!"

Place the phone down and go about your business. Hang it back up after you hear the "off the hook" warble.
    very funny, work smarter, not harder

(Chester County)

I rarely have the ringer on the home phone turned on due to the non-profit calls. The home phone is pretty much used exclusively for outgoing calls these days. I'd honestly prefer to white list numbers and block everything else, but apparently Comcast isn't offering that service.

Annoying. Very annoying.
    The material presented herein is for informational purposes only, is not guaranteed to be correct, complete, or up to date, does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT act or rely on any information in this post or e-mail without seeking the advice of an attorney YOU have retained.

In plain English, while I am an attorney, I'm NOT your attorney, and I'm NOT giving you legal advice.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carnes View Post
    Yes, drugs are bad... they are very bad. However, IT IS NOT THE PLACE OF GOVERNMENT TO PROTECT ITS CITIZENS FROM THEMSELVES!!!
    Its not about what people do to themselves as much as it is about what they do to each other and the innocent people caught in the crossfire in a gun battle over drugs and drug territory. Drugs are a public health issue not because of people hurting themselves, but because of the violence that comes with drugs. This won't change with making drugs legal.

Also, the major players of drugs are not in it to escape the realities of life so much as they are in it for the money. People become drug dealers to make a living. Its much harder to get them to stop and get a real job, especially when they probably have no job and/or life skills and we are living in an ever-slowing economy.

Now don't get me wrong; I think we spend billions of dollars in the "war on drugs" to little or no effect. I'm just stating the problem isn't as easily solved as some would make us believe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast