Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lawrence County)

Default Re: Loading Titegroup instead of Varget by mistake

How'd he miss that? Varget is stick and kind of green. Titegroup is flake and black.

I'd say this is the guy who leaves powder in the hopper of the throw and doesn't check.

Lycanreallybadthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    He was dumb enough to buy a Savage, that's pretty much indicative of should not be reloading.
    +1

(Bucks County)

I read that the Chinese invented gunpowder, and it was an accident...the poor guy was trying to make a lamp light that would last longer than whale oil.

Not really....

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Seeing things like that always makes me think about the early days of development of firearms and gunpowder. Imagine trying to figure out how much powder was needed for that cannon the first time.
    You're probably right. It's easy to imagine that the first meeting of the "Gunpowder Weapons Development Organization" was a bunch of guys nicknamed "Stumpy".
    If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking. George S. Patton

First off, glad that the guy is still alive after his mistake. Second, I really appreciate it when others share their mistakes so others can learn from it. Lastly, the ones that are so quick to judge this person and say that he needs to take up a new hobby are immature. This gentleman had been reloading 30 years prior to the incident and just now made this error. Yes the error was avoidable but no one is perfect.

Incidents like this should be used for all reloaders to evaluate their setups and make sure that their current process avoids mistakes like this one.

Myself, I have always kept my pistol and rifle powder in separate cabinets on my bench and always dump the unused portions back into the appropriate jug when a session is finished. While reloading 45ACP with my LNL, I visually check the charge of each cartridge in station 4 and this is after a RCBS lockout die checks the charge as well.

Thanks to the fellow reloader for sharing his mistake and I wish everyone endless future safe reloading sessions!
    Last edited by titanse05; January 13th, 2015 at 09:48 AM.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by titanse05 View Post
    First off, glad that the guy is still alive after his mistake. Second, I really appreciate it when others share their mistakes so others can learn from it. Lastly, the ones that are so quick to judge this person and say that he needs to take up a new hobby are immature. This gentleman had been reloading 30 years prior to the incident and just now made this error. Yes the error was avoidable but no one is perfect.

Incidents like this should be used for all reloaders to evaluate their setups and make sure that their current process avoids mistakes like this one.

Myself, I have always kept my pistol and rifle powder in separate cabinets on my bench and always dump the unused portions back into the appropriate jug when a session is finished. While reloading 45ACP with my LNL, I visually check the charge of each cartridge in station 4 and this is after a RCBS lockout die checks the charge as well.

Thanks to the fellow reloader for sharing his mistake and I wish everyone endless future safe reloading sessions!
    ^^^^^ One moment of careless behavior in the reloading room can be your last.

I appreciate also the guts it took for this to be shared.(My first reaction when I saw the picture was holy $%#%.)

Great reminder that bad things will happen if we are careless.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Susquehanna County)

Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    He was dumb enough to buy a Savage, that's pretty much indicative of should not be reloading.

PaprPuncr: Instead of blaming human error, lets blame it on the brand name of the gun.......

it was a fun poke at someone here who has been bashing Savage
    Poke him for me too!

(Westmoreland County)

If someone has to buy a firearm that is "resistant" to reloading mistakes maybe they shouldn't be reloading.

Disclaimer - I own a Savage 111. I'm very happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneCC View Post
    If someone has to buy a firearm that is "resistant" to reloading mistakes maybe they shouldn't be reloading.

Disclaimer - I own a Savage 111. I'm very happy with it.
    I'm fairly certain Bang is a Savage shooter.

'Factory' ammo has also blown up guns, as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Official Gun Bully and corn flakes pisser inner since March 2007.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123