(York County)

Default Re: first press/kit?

My two best purchases..

Lee Classic Cast Turret Press

RCBS Charge Master Powder Dispenser
    I want your vz.33

(Tioga County)

A lot of people like the turret presses but after spending a lot of times listening to folks and researching it, I prefer the single stage and I think it's faster because I am just focusing on one operation at a time and I only have so much bench space to work with. I've timed myself and can resize 500 pistol cases in an hour. I also ultrasonic clean and rinse my brass anyways after rifle resizing and trimming to get rid of lube residue and brass shavings and also after pistol resizing and expanding, so using a turret doesn't really do much for me.

I figure if I am going to automate more of the process, then I'm better investing my money into a good progressive press.

In my experience now over a year in, I ended up spending more than I thought on tools and equipment, in some cases also because I upgraded equipment. I also bought things individually rather than buying a kit.

(Butler County)

I'm personally not a fan of reloading kits as most people just upgrade eventually anyway. waste o money.

I learned to reload on an RCBS Turret press and an older Dillon 550B. The progressive press is good option because you can still load single stage with it. Dillon also has a good warranty, nice calendar hehe, and good customer service.

The RCBS trimmer is the best one out there IMO. I like hand primers like the Lee Auto Primer. An RCBS powder measure has worked fine for me but there are certainly better ones out there.

What I'm saying is to spend the money upfront and buy decent stuff.

Bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12