Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Colt 2000

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Colt 2000

Thanks. I have quite a few purchases that I haven't fired yet so I'm hoping to get out this weekend - the 2000 will be on the list - fingers crossed!

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Accuracy on that particular gun was OK, the best group I managed at 7 yards was

but everything other group was about like this

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by indianjack View Post
    OK so let me get this straight. Someone offered you a holster for $2, which lead to the purchase of a crap pistol for $250 that was designed by a stoner?
    Ok, so let me get this straight. Someone bought a (reportedly) crap pistol and you panned it without ever having owned one or shot one or even knew anyone that did or does? What are you, a stoner?

Seriously, my reading has told me that, if you get a good one, then it is a reliable weapon, even if it has the reputation of a Yugo or Pontiac Aztec.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa72 View Post
    Ok, so let me get this straight. Someone bought a (reportedly) crap pistol and you panned it without ever having owned one or shot one or even knew anyone that did or does? What are you, a stoner?

Seriously, my reading has told me that, if you get a good one, then it is a reliable weapon, even if it has the reputation of a Yugo or Pontiac Aztec.
    My bucket list is drying up - so I just go for odd things - lol. So much hype was put on this gun when it rolled out - advertising was too funny, then a huge flop. Had to get one. And come on, I had a holster for it ??
    This gun mat kinda sums it up - what marketing

"Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpa72 View Post
    I wouldn't go that far, they are poorly designed and poorly executed. If they're reliable it is a fun gun, but that's it. The trigger really does kill it, being the former owner of the gun being discussed the reason I only took it out to shoot once is that it gave me blisters on both trigger fingers and the tendons in my wrists were sore the next day. I like how they feel, I like how they point, and the slide stop is one of the nicer ones on the market, but there are so many areas poorly done that they should be considered an interesting curiosity and a testament to just how much a lawyer can ruin a gun.

(Allegheny County)

Radar,
    as i first stated, I don't have personal experience with one - just what I read.

BTW, are you the one who posted a few days ago selling this with a very accurate ad?

(Cumberland County)

Took the Colt to the range today - I must admit, not bad at all. Accuracy, dead on! I was shooting 1"-2" groups at about 8 yards. The trigger is funky, but not as horrible as I thought. Best way for me to describe the pull would be "gritty". But all in all, a nice nightstand gun and range gun. If you have a chance to grab one cheap, I would do it.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Took the Colt to the range today - I must admit, not bad at all. Accuracy, dead on! I was shooting 1"-2" groups at about 8 yards. The trigger is funky, but not as horrible as I thought. Best way for me to describe the pull would be "gritty". But all in all, a nice nightstand gun and range gun. If you have a chance to grab one cheap, I would do it.
    this is the same experience i''ve had with my Colt AA 2000 except I get decent accuracy out to about 15 yards. people love to bash these guns but from my point of view and experience it's all been positive.

(Philadelphia County)

Hey Cruzans,

Congratulations on your new piece.

The 2000 is an interesting piece of history and for that alone it is worth having one, vagaries of terrible triggers notwithstanding.

Besides, the price was great.

I imagine you have an interesting collection.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Viriatus View Post
    Hey Cruzans,

Congratulations on your new piece.

The 2000 is an interesting piece of history and for that alone it is worth having one, vagaries of terrible triggers notwithstanding.

Besides, the price was great.

I imagine you have an interesting collection.
    Thanks. And yes, I have very diverse interests from old to new. And I like the 'neat' and 'interesting' stuff.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12