Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Glad I didn't sell this S&W

A few weeks ago I posted that I was considering selling my Smith & Wesson M&P Hand Ejector 38spl (98%+ condition, serial # dates it to 1928) for a Ruger Super Redhawk Alaskan in 454 casull. I got a lot of responses, all of you politely telling me to keep the vintage S&W.

I'm very grateful for the advice, and I'm glad you guys slapped the sense into me. Thank you for talking me out of selling this little gem.

Here's a photo of my last range session with this piece of history. 8 yards, 12 shots, all fired in double action.

This one is a keeper.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by American1776; January 8th, 2015 at 02:21 PM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Glad I didn't sell this S&W

That .38 is toast, as evidenced by the extremely wild and therefor dangerous errant print at 3 o'clock. I see we live near each other. I too am in Somewhere, Pa. I would be willing to rescue you and take charge of it lest you blow yourself up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bang View Post
    That .38 is toast, as evidenced by the extremely wild and therefor dangerous errant print at 3 o'clock. I see we live near each other. I too am in Somewhere, Pa. I would be willing to rescue you and take charge of it lest you blow yourself up.
    LOL. I'd say that 3 o'clock round is probably due to those small grips. Great for carry, not much to hold onto when shooting it.

Believe it or not, when I put the revolver in 'full lockup' (trigger held back), the cylinder has a WELDED TO FRAME feel. ZERO wiggle in any direction. Amazing.

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

SRH Alaskans a awesome little hot rods, but are available all over the place. I'm glad you kept the S&W, as those are classics.