Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Default Armed Robbery at a resturaunt you are in, what do YOU do?

http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...-county/njgT7/

First take a moment to watch the video, then... put yourself in the subway. You are there, at that time maybe the only customer, 1 or 2 employees. A man with a mask and a gun enters demanding money.

I notice the BG takes his attention off the customers/employees several times, even completley breaks his grip of the firearm several times to handle the cash register.

Are you waiting this situation out and hoping you dont get killed after he gets what he wants?

Me? I'm pretty sure I draw and fire as soon as I see him break grip and put his attention to fiddling with the register. The man is wearing a mask and armed, he is most certainly not there for a bible study. At several points in the video (depending on where you are in the store) the Bg is completley faced away from the seating area, its looks like you would have enough time to draw, aim and fire, do your laundry and get a pizza deleivered before the BG notices what you are doing.

How about you? If you fire here are you in the wrong?
    Last edited by Nucking Futs; January 7th, 2015 at 09:02 PM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Armed Robbery at a resturaunt you are in, what do YOU do?

If he doesnt see me, I flee. If he sees me and turns toward me while I am trying to flee, he gets lit up.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Allegheny County)

O
    Quote Originally Posted by Nucking Futs View Post
    http://www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/...-county/njgT7/Are you waiting this situation out and hoping you dont get killed after he gets what he wants?
    How about you? If you fire here are you in the wrong?
    i make a run for it at the first opportunity, while trying to position myself to draw if he points his gun in my direction. If he does point his gun in my direction, I attempt to stop him by any means necessary.

What I do NOT do is try to play hero, prevent the robbery, try to apprehend anyone, or anything along those lines.
    Last edited by free; January 7th, 2015 at 09:26 PM.

(Delaware County)

It sure appears to be a toy gun. I do nothing and continue eating. When he "flips" it over to his left hand, it's a dead give away that it's not real. I watch the "gun". I check out the barrel,,,, to see the caliber. If he opens fire with a real gun,,,,, there will be returned fire.
    George,
    So many guns, so little money.

(Pike County)

Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    If he doesnt see me, I flee. If he sees me and turns toward me while I am trying to flee, he gets lit up.
    Because, I'm guessing, it will take you less time to avoid being shot, turn around, draw, aim and pull the trigger, that for a bad guy to just pull the trigger, right?
    Je suis déplorable

In any situation, defensively attempt get yourself out of it immediately.
    If your efforts are futile, and you're in danger of imminent death, use lethal force.

(Montgomery County)

I have had guns aimed at me. I have been shot at. I was shot once taking 2 AK 47 rounds the chest. That was Nam. In the late 70's my photography studio was held up by a thug with a gun. I did not have a gun then. I just gave him the money, watched his gun hand, and when he turned to go out the door with me standing right behind him made him understand why you do not want to F with a Marine. I broke his neck, and I still have the Police commendation for apprehending a criminal. No, there was no way he could shoot me once he made the error of turning his back on me. I knew that, and I F'd him up! It was crazy to do it, but I just could not allow the A hole to violate me. He spent 10 years in prison in a wheel chair.

If I had been in the store with the gun clown, I would have done nothing but watch him, and as he got focused on the register I would have drawn my gun, and then shot the SOB. If I learned one thing in the Corp it was that timidity in the face of lethal force can get you killed. If anyone pulls a gun near me, other than an identifiable LEO, I am going to assume he might try to kill me. I would rather go on trial for his murder than have him go on trial for my murder. If you want to be safe, stay at home with a shotgun and have your groceries delivered. I prefer to live life even if doing so might get me killed.
    Last edited by Cyclops; January 7th, 2015 at 11:41 PM.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Metz View Post
    Because, I'm guessing, it will take you less time to avoid being shot, turn around, draw, aim and pull the trigger, that for a bad guy to just pull the trigger, right?
    Well if he doesnt see me at first I can draw my weapon and back towards an exit. Means I now have option to get out or squeeze the trigger. I choose getting out unless he turns towards me.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Lancaster County)

First I inform them that the briefcase with Marcellus Wallace's soul is not theirs to take...

Like others have said, exit if possible without confrontation if no aggressive action has been taken and they have no awareness of me. If they indicate otherwise, well, they just promoted themselves to ballistic research test subject.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Lancaster County)

Continue eating as though nothing is happening while upholstering my gun

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast