Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (York County)

Default Need a Central PA gunsmith...

...but here's the catch-- the gun in need of a repair is NOT a 1911 or Glock.

I'm having an issue with the safety on my CZ-75, which is not exactly a common firearm in these parts. I live in Dauphin county, but I'm willing to drive a little ways if it means I can find a gunsmith who is competent in their knowledge of this gun's inner workings.

It's also not an issue that can be repaired under factory warranty, as several modifications (trigger job, competition sights) have been performed on it already, hence my dilemma.

I'd be very grateful if someone, preferably a CZ owner (but not mandatory) can point me in a direction.

Thanks in advance.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Need a Central PA gunsmith...

I am not in central Pa ,but CZ's and Clones are my middle name. I stock parts for them and work on them every week. I am unfortunately on the border with communist New Jersey in Easton Pa. Let me know if my assistance is needed.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(York County)

Easton? That's actually not that bad a drive, plus it gives me an excuse to swing by Cabela's (and that awesome cigar shop next to it) on the way back!

Once I have my schedule figured out (I'm balancing work and school), I'll see if I can make my way down within the next couple of weeks. I see you have a link posted in your signature-- I'll check it for your hours of operation (if applicable) or contact info to set up an appointment.

Thank you very much for your timely response-- it's actually pretty exciting to get a reply from someone who knows this gun well (the gun in question is an SP-01)!

(Cumberland County)

Try Carlisle Gun Works carlislegunworks.com.

(York County)

A few people here have also had great results on a variety of guns from Brian off of Lititz Pike in Lancaster. His phone number is (717) 823-2062.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Dauphin County)

You also might want to give Chad McCauslin a call. He's outside Carlisle, 717-258-6607. His main business is custom rifles now but he has a lot of experience with hand guns too.
    -gonzo, SoCenPA. "Before all else, be armed." --Niccolo Machiavelli
    http://forum.pafoa.org/feedback-109/...nzogeezer.html

(York County)

I took it to Brian and had a pleasant experience. The trip to Easton was a bit of a hike, but I got to swing by that awesome cigar shop next to Cabela's on the way back, so that was nice.

He got the job done in a timely manner. The guy definitely knows his CZ's (and CZ-alike's). Test-fired the gun with some NATO-spec and +P ammo to find that everything functions as well as it ever has. The job, including parts, turned out to be more affordable than I expected, to boot!

All in all, I'm very satisfied. Now I'm going to get this piece ready for sale to some lucky recipient contemplating IPSC or IDPA competition-- it should qualify for the "Limited" class.

Now I have that pesky P-09 Duty in .40S&W that might be needing a Cerakote and a few CGW mods...