Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Montgomery County)

Default I don't get the open carry thing

Hey I'm not saying I don't agree with open carry. I think it's great you guys have the balls to do it...........!

I'm saying I'd be afraid some yoyo would try to grab it. I carry concealed most of the time and I'm always aware if some ass clown gets too close to me, like in the WaWa or in a crowd.

What's the point.?

(York County)

Default Re: I don't get the open carry thing

Quote Originally Posted by Roscoe View Post
    {SNIP}

I'm saying I'd be afraid some yoyo would try to grab it.

{SNIP}
    Like Mr. T woud say...

" I pity the fool...."

(Chester County)

I like it because it gives me very fast access to my gun. It is much more comfortable to carry open. Finally it is a great way to help educate people and let them see a good guy with a gun.

I use it as a time to let people see that good guys carry guns to. When I am out OCing I am on my very best behavior, trying to everything in my power to remove the negative stigma that has been unjustly attached to guns. Specifically handguns. If anyoen askes a question I do my best to answer with a clear and consise answer. I do my best to avoid arguements with the Anti's and just go about my business, I am just an average guy trying to live my life the way I want to live it. That is what I want people to see.

When injustice becomes law, rebellion becomes duty!

(Berks County)

And for the 413th time...

The...ladies...love...it.

And awareness and convos and JBTS and blah blah blah.

(Indiana County)

Hey I'm not saying I don't agree with open carry. I think it's great you guys have the balls to do it...........!

I'm saying I'd be afraid some yoyo would try to grab it. I carry concealed most of the time and I'm always aware if some ass clown gets too close to me, like in the WaWa or in a crowd.

What's the point.?
    My take on it is that there need not be a "point." To me it's the same thing as someone asking me why I write a letter to a state legislator expressing an unpopular viewpoint. Let's assume that the PA state legislature is a corrupt little hothouse of political favors and corruption. Why do I write the letter? Because I can.

I still get to pretend to live in a society in which I have certain inalienable rights. I get to go to church six times a month, even though I only "need" to go four. Why do I exercise that right? Because I can.

I don't NEED to tell an officer that he cannot search my vehicle on a traffic stop, but I can, unless that LEO has some kind of PC.

Why is the 2A the only one where people who freely exercise it are considered to be extremists, when the lowest common denominator/ Oprah croud morons who control the media are regarded as mainstream in their exercise of the first?

(Chester County)

...I'm always aware if some ass clown gets too close to me, like in the WaWa or in a crowd.
    If you're always aware of who's around, why not OC?

...What's the point.?
    You're less likely to be a victim of a crime if the guys committing crimes think you have the means to stop them. Whether it's bulging biceps, a rottweiler on a chain, or a glock in a holster. It's the same concept as putting a sign in your yard with the name of a security agency. This one isn't worth the risk boys, let's move on down the road.
    You are a straight white man. You don't get to be the victim, sweetie.

(Berks County)

What's the point.?
    As I don't OC, i'm not in a position to truly answer your question other than to say that among the reasons people OC are; Comfort (Stuff a full size 1911 in your waistband sometime), Tactical (accessibility), Educational (Opportunity to discuss/explain gun rights), and Political (Show the general public that regular, law abiding citizens carry guns and nothing bad happens; helps prevent support for gun control laws).

Theres many many many many other reasons, but those are the basics.

Now for the section I've highlighted. While I'll argue that its not possible to always be completely aware (ie: reading the label on the side of something in the grocery store), If you ever decide to OC, a high level of awareness is a must so you're already on the road to truly having that option (everyone has it, but realistically there are those who for a variety of reasons would be better off not OC'ing and so effectively don't really have the option)
    Please help my Baby Kitties and I avoid being homeless.

(Luzerne County)

Last edited by Pa. Patriot; July 7th, 2008 at 07:09 PM. Reason: Added even MORE links ;)

danbus wrote: ...Like I said before, I open carry because you don't, I fight for all my rights because
    you won't, I will not sit with my thumb up my bum and complain, because you will.
    Remember Meleanie