Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: PIMP MY GUN SAFE 2015 (Doing It With Twins!) - LED Lights, MOLLE Panel, Name Tape

You did a great job with your safe builds. Thanks for sharing. Your postings has been an huge inspiration for the organizational approach for my new safe. also, I appreciate all of the ideas and links for the lights, custom molle panel, pistol racks, and the magazine pouches. I have incorporated some of your ideas along with many of my own to create a custom safe to suit my needs. Thanks again for sharing.

(Lehigh County)

Default Re: PIMP MY GUN SAFE 2015 (Doing It With Twins!) - LED Lights, MOLLE Panel, Name Tape

Finally got my safe, wife got it for me for Father's Day i was looking at these lights

http://www.300blktalk.com/forum/view...?f=150&t=95900

(Lancaster County)

Good low cost option...

The big difference between those and the Tri-chip LEDs i used are that the strips above are for ambient (low light) and are dimmer, and the Tri-Chips are mounted in a tube so you can "rotate" them to point slightly back and not have the LEDs blinding you when you open the door.

I would also trust that a high end car lighting company like Oznium would provide a higher quality LED than the Amazon bargain stuff. Tri-Chip LEDs are rated 25,000 hours continuous use...That is just a bit shy of 3 years.

But the light set up I used was also 10 X the cost. So these might be worth a try
    Last edited by moshan; September 7th, 2015 at 09:04 PM.
    Cool signature line goes here..
    ..or here, cause I got me a Bronze subscription and I get 2 lines...

(Lehigh County)

safe is back on sale if anyone is looking for a safe
    common sense is a mf

(Lehigh County)

Very nice! I like organization as well. It's not OCD, it's practical.

A friend had a similar situation with the logistics of placing a larger safe in the basement and having access with a limited staircase. A temporary extended landing (approx. 6.5 ft.) was constructed to allow the turn and tilt, and then deconstructed to allow the slide to the floor. This safe was placed next to a slightly smaller existing safe to provide for storage. A "safe room" was then constructed; complete with an electrical line for the safe's dehumidifiers and lighting and shelving for stuff. Battery powered remote controlled LED lighting strips were also installed and the room was finished with a false wall and door. All firearm accessories are within the "room". The room will allow two people to "hide" and prepare/arm if necessary. Anyone (or thief) "touring" the home would have no clue that firearms are there. Multi-layered security is inherently safest; exterior motion-sensing lighting, secure door and window locks, interior lighting controlled by timers, a wireless cellular entry/burglar alarm, barking dog and vigilant neighbors. When home, strategically placed firearms provide for personal security. Be secure, be relaxed and have fun.

God bless the USA and those of us who strive to keep it free.

(Philadelphia County)

Very nice, looks good.

(Schuylkill County)

I hate you....

(Washington County)

Well due to the business tact of photobucket the images here are dead but I THINK I remember them and if so, then I think this is your safes on this IG page today: https://www.instagram.com/gunsbadassery/?hl=en
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Lancaster County)

Yep..that is my safes...

F'n hate photo bucket. J ust need to find a better option and time to repost pics...

(Lancaster County)

Looks like Photobucket decided that that had made a crap business decision. Photos back up, but with a "Photo Bucket " water mark.

Eventually i will move these to a better host. Just never found the time.....

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast