Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default PA Gun Collectors Ass'n Gun Show (1/17 & 1/18) (Northway Mall)

Pennsylvania Gun Collector's Association
    Northway Mall (old Value City)
    8000 McKnight Road
    Pittsburgh, PA 15237

Saturday January 17th 9am-5pm
    Sunday January 18th 9am-4pm

Adults - $8.00
    Children under 12 (with paying adult) $4.00
    Saturday Admission Good for Both Days

(Butler County)

Angry Re: PA Gun Collectors Ass'n Gun Show (1/17 & 1/18) (Northway Mall)

Has anyone information on PGCA getting the BOOT from northway?
    I wonder if the same old venders will have any deals to try to help us shooters out? ( IN MY DREAMS)

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: PA Gun Collectors Ass'n Gun Show (1/17 & 1/18) (Northway Mall)

PGCA is not getting "Booted" from Northway due to any negative issue on their part. The organization has been looking for a different/better location. Almost from the get-go at this location. That and the mall owners have other plans for the site.

If any of you have an idea of a good site that might house the show let me know and I'll pass it along to the proper contact person.

That aside. There are always good deals to be had at the PGCA show. More firearms and related items than the C&E Monroeville show. Many of the same vendors set up at both. Alas the mall location is a second rate venue. We just have to live with it till something better is found.

is this show worth it for larger parts/machine gun related materiel ? ??
    a slow death awaits you,but not before love reminds you that there is good in you

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stooperzero View Post
    is this show worth it for larger parts/machine gun related materiel ? ??

Not much MG stuff except for the fellas at Bear Paw Arms, Shanor's, and Bloodhound Arms; all three are usually present. Mostly complete guns, suppressors, and AR accessories. You're not likely going to find parts kits for a Bren gun or DP-27, for instance.

Member Nate7667 is affiliated with Bear Paw; he could tell you what they may have that you are interested in.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Allegheny County)

The Sears in Century III Mall in West Mifflin just closed last month. There would be ample space for PGCA there. Also plenty of parking. In addition there are four hotels in West Mifflin, five minutes from the mall.

There is even a vacant Roomful Express in Century Square in West Mifflin, near the mall.

I emailed them and also spoke with the lady at the membership table at one of the shows. She said they are not interested in the West Mifflin area due to it not being located near an interstate.

They are always crying they have to move around but an excellent opportunity at Century III Mall is staring them right in the face. The mall is on Route 51, after all; not an interstate, but a major thoroughfare none the less.

Whatever. Maybe they'll go back to Bladerunners. Ugh.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 100-10x View Post
    The Sears in Century III Mall in West Mifflin just closed last month. There would be ample space for PGCA there. Also plenty of parking. In addition there are four hotels in West Mifflin, five minutes from the mall.

There is even a vacant Roomful Express in Century Square in West Mifflin, near the mall.

I emailed them and also spoke with the lady at the membership table at one of the shows. She said they are not interested in the West Mifflin area due to it not being located near an interstate.

They are always crying they have to move around but an excellent opportunity at Century III Mall is staring them right in the face. The mall is on Route 51, after all; not an interstate, but a major thoroughfare none the less.

Whatever. Maybe they'll go back to Bladerunners. Ugh.
    Sears in Monroeville has been vacant for a few years now. I think the old Roomful Express just off the turnpike in Monroeville is also still empty.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Sears in Monroeville has been vacant for a few years now. I think the old Roomful Express just off the turnpike in Monroeville is also still empty.
    There is already a gun show in Monroeville.. I think they want to be "the other gun show"...and I'm sure eventually "THE gun show".

(Butler County)

Angry Re: PA Gun Collectors Ass'n Gun Show (1/17 & 1/18) (Northway Mall)

Vendors and walk in's have differant versions of a good deal.
    Having been and still do i only set up at certain shows as a get rid of, clean out the safe, trade up ,somthing new to toy with , 2 table set up, the old days of trading and enjoying the show has been replaced by too much part time store owners, dealers with 20 year old ammo at or plus walmart prices.
    Dont get me wrong it takes lots of time and money to set up, fuel, food ,lodging, helpers ,table fee. look at your inventory 20 year old 30-30 will not bring $ 25 , All want a deal, but some prices are absurd , Try a little honey and the gun flys will come , Vendors, try a little kindness
    ( this post will PISS some one off for sure) SIZE]

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by 3006guidegun View Post
    Vendors and walk in's have differant versions of a good deal.
    Having been and still do i only set up at certain shows as a get rid of, clean out the safe, trade up ,somthing new to toy with , 2 table set up, the old days of trading and enjoying the show has been replaced by too much part time store owners, dealers with 20 year old ammo at or plus walmart prices.
    Dont get me wrong it takes lots of time and money to set up, fuel, food ,lodging, helpers ,table fee. look at your inventory 20 year old 30-30 will not bring $ 25 , All want a deal, but some prices are absurd , Try a little honey and the gun flys will come , Vendors, try a little kindness
    ( this post will PISS some one off for sure) SIZE]
    It's true there are a few at PGCA (and any gun show really) who have some VERY unrealistic expectations about what they want for some items. However that being said and acknowledged there are always a large portion of the vendors there who have some cool stuff available at reasonable cost. It all depends what a person is looking for and what that person considers a "good deal". If one is expecting new production merchandise at below wholesale then one is probably in for a letdown. On the other hand if someone is seeking an interesting and sometimes obscure tidbit or firearm, there are usually good number of decent deals on those items to be found there (and at most any gun show) One just has to look for them and have realistic expectations. As with your 20 Yr. old 30-.30 for $25.00; expecting to find a collectable firearm for the same price as 20 Yrs. ago is unlikely. It would be nice and it happens on rare occasions, but don't hold your breath. I'm not.

You are correct on one thing. Some vendors need an attitude adjustment. While a business owner shouldn't allow his or her self to be taken advantage of, there is such a thing as a proper business demeanor. Helpful, polite and pleasant boosts sales much better than rude and obnoxious.
    Reminds me of a couple of notoriously rude vendors at the Oaks show. They were complaining about not selling much. Another vendor told them: "You probably need to adjust your merchandise, your prices or your attitude. More than likely the latter." That statement applies to most any business anywhere.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast