Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Butler County)

Thumbs down Re: PA Gun Collectors Ass'n Gun Show (1/17 & 1/18) (Northway Mall)

THERE HAS NOT BEEN ELECTIONS IN YEARS, THE MEMBERSHIP FOLLOWS LIKE LITTLE LAMBS, IF YOU TRY TO BE A BLACK SHEEP YOUR TABLE'S MAY BE OUTSIDE THE OUT HOUSES ON THE DOCK,YEARS AGO THERE WAS A MOVEMENT TO SAVE THE PGCA BY HAVING MORE MEMBERS RUN FOR OFFICE,
    AT THAT TIME THE BANK ACCOUNT WAS VERY FULL , ONCE THE BOARD VOTED TO HAVE ELECTION RESULTS COUNTED BY A LAW FIRM ,EVERY THING TURNED TO SHIT, A GOOD TIME SHOW AT THE OLD EXPO MART HAS TURNED TO BUILDING HOPPING . HOPE FOR THE BEST AND TAKE WHAT WE GET

(Westmoreland County)

Default Re: PA Gun Collectors Ass'n Gun Show (1/17 & 1/18) (Northway Mall)

I have been a PGCA member for 15+ years as I began going when it was held at the old Greengate Mall location. Those shows were the best.

As someone else noted, it has now become a Middle Earth "adventure" trying to figure out where the show will be at over the next few years and deciding each year if I want to renew or not. Pgh Mills was about as far as I was willing to travel.

I was hoping someone had some good information as to where the show was likely to end up, but alas, that doesn't seem to be available yet. I need to decide once again if I am going to rejoin. I've only been to the Northway location once or twice, and aside from the several vendors I know and appreciate their prices, value and selection, there does seem to be quite a few whose prices are really 'hopeful', I'll say.

Are there really no leads as to a possible new location, hopefully back east where likely most of the PGCA members were originally located? If not, I may forego renewal and continue on with gun bash expenditures of my hard earned cash vs gun shows. The trip to McKnightmare Road has already pushed me down this path and just trying to determine, once again, where to continue spending my time and money.
    I forgot how much I missed the slang from the 70's and 80's: "Bite me, dig?"

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by HSMaxim View Post
    Too bad the location is horrible to get to and that the President of the PGCA also runs a gun buy back and coincidentally also sells gun parts, antique and collectible guns and militaria...

But hey, the members can elect a crook if they want, I just don't have to spend money there.
    At lest I didn't need to bring this up this time.

Honestly, I put this show lower than Dick's Sporting Goods for that very reason.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Honestly, I put this show lower than Dick's Sporting Goods for that very reason.
    I didn't know that to be the case and this may explain part of the problem this show now has. Y'all got me thinking I may not really want to rejoin!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by SwampFoxZ71 View Post
    I didn't know that to be the case and this may explain part of the problem this show now has. Y'all got me thinking I may not really want to rejoin!!!
    I doubt it's the cause of any current problems seeing as this has been common knowledge (and universally ignored by looking the other way) for years.

I assume that vendors remain silent because otherwise they wouldn't have a table to sell at.
    I fully expect the thread to be closed now, but I'm not going to make it a personal crusade to "do" anything about it because it's clear that nobody wants to do anything about it, so I'll just suggest doing some searches to confirm, and then decide for yourself.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 3006guidegun View Post
    THERE HAS NOT BEEN ELECTIONS IN YEARS, THE MEMBERSHIP FOLLOWS LIKE LITTLE LAMBS, IF YOU TRY TO BE A BLACK SHEEP YOUR TABLE'S MAY BE OUTSIDE THE OUT HOUSES ON THE DOCK,YEARS AGO THERE WAS A MOVEMENT TO SAVE THE PGCA BY HAVING MORE MEMBERS RUN FOR OFFICE,
    AT THAT TIME THE BANK ACCOUNT WAS VERY FULL , ONCE THE BOARD VOTED TO HAVE ELECTION RESULTS COUNTED BY A LAW FIRM ,EVERY THING TURNED TO SHIT, A GOOD TIME SHOW AT THE OLD EXPO MART HAS TURNED TO BUILDING HOPPING . HOPE FOR THE BEST AND TAKE WHAT WE GET
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SwampFoxZ71 View Post
    Read in the Pennsylvania Gun Collectors Association's "Our Mission to Gun Owners": To establish, uphold and promote the highest ethical standards of our activities.

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Good stuff.

http://forum.pafoa.org/shops-20/2453...ed-4-14-a.html

If members would stop supporting this BS, maybe they'd finally be able to clean house. Until then, vendors are pretending there's no problem and hoping no one notices.

(Allegheny County)

Went to the show today, wasn't worth my time. Doubt I'll bother in the future.

BTW, the pizza place upstairs lost it's lease and after 40 years in business closed it's doors for good.
    Toujours prêt

(Allegheny County)

Mamma Lucia's is out of business? Say it ain't so!

I'm sure this did not help:

http://triblive.com/news/adminpage/5...#axzz3P7bYxhQ2

There goes my lunch plan for tomorrow.

(Westmoreland County)

Still may ride up tomorrow. Too bad about Mama Lucia's. Didn't they used to have locations downtown (Pittsburgh) as well?

Looked like there were empty tables and definitely more non-gun tables this show -- fudge, jerkey, raffle tickets.

Missed my CnC Survival folks and their ammo cans and ammo deals, thought I had read they'd be there -- bummer. Picked up a few small items while wandering aimlessly. Not sure if the vendor drop is typical for January shows or not. This location is just too convenient for me too resist.

Oddly enough the best ammo deal I found was some 762 on sale at dunhams on the way home.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast