Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Need merchant services provider (credit card processing)

I need a new merchant services provider for processing Visa and Mastercard. AmEx would be nice too, but I could do without if I had to.

If anyone has any experience with any company - good or bad, I'd appreciate hearing from you. Trying to search for a company online is tough since there's soooo many companies out there that it's hard to tell the good ones from the read-the-fine-print scams.

Thanks
    Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA

Default Re: Need merchant services provider (credit card processing)

Have you tried to go to your bank to see what ones they suggest?
    Skeet is a sport where you are better to hit half of each bird then completely blast one and miss the other completely.

The choice is yours, place your faith in the court system and 12 of your peers, or carried away by 6 friends.

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit. 'Nobody provokes me with impunity'
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig.
    Clint Eastwood
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    Have you tried to go to your bank to see what ones they suggest?
    Been there. Their setup isn't bad, but they have a $200-$300 setup fee depending on what special they have that month. I'm also looking for something with a virtual terminal so I can enter the stuff online. I rarely have the card in hand to swipe it, so a regular terminal doesn't do much for me.

Vince
    www.bloomautomatic.com - Golf Ball Launchers for AR-15, SKS, FAL, and many others

www.bloomautomatic.com/lbsc - Long Branch Sportsman's Club, Long Branch, PA

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by bloomautomatic View Post
    Been there. Their setup isn't bad, but they have a $200-$300 setup fee depending on what special they have that month. I'm also looking for something with a virtual terminal so I can enter the stuff online. I rarely have the card in hand to swipe it, so a regular terminal doesn't do much for me.

Vince
    I do ecommerce programming for a living, two services our clients use and seem happy with are Paymentech and Authorize.NET. Not sure if/how they'll apply to your business but they both offer an online interface for processing the cards and if you ever set up an automated billing/charging system they can be integrated into your system.
    Last edited by danp; February 3rd, 2007 at 03:59 PM.
    Dan P, Founder & President, Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    Purchase a Forum SubscriptionBuy some PAFOA MerchandiseHelp PAFOA's Search Engine Ranking

(Allegheny County)

I have mine through my bank Iron & Glass. I pay a flat 2.3% and $10 for a statement and equipment insurance. Machine blows up they give me a new one. Which is $5 a month. Since the machine cost $600 it is well worth it to me since I've replaced more than a few printers over the years.
    My bank deals with Transaction Solutions in Bridgeville Pa. Their web page is
    Transaction Solutions
    Why I like them is because there are no hidden fees. So they will not nickel and dime you to death. Just a flat 2.3% fee period.
    The last three companies I had may had lower fees up front but they threw in 4 or 5 different fees for this and that. Everyone of them was working out to 3% or more. The last was charging me 1.8% and .20 cent per transaction then 4 or 5 other fees. It was working out to almost 3.5% of my credit card transaction.
    And when your doing $10K a month in Credit card business it adds up real fast.

(Bucks County)

A good friend uses the service from Costco. He said that he had checked out several services and the deal from Costco was very good.