Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast
    (Northampton County)

Default Re: Mountain Lion sighting

The largest cat I have seen in pa was a bobcat. Sighting a mountain lion would be a real thrill

(Northampton County)

I have trouble getting to sleep last night so I tried counting PA mountain lions.

None, none, none, none, none...

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I have trouble getting to sleep last night so I tried counting PA mountain lions.

None, none, none, none, none...

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Sleep good ?

(Westmoreland County)

There are the "new breed" of shitless Mt. Lions all over the PMSC property on RT 48. These large cat's hang from the trees and are ready to pounce on any passing car or truck. Yeah.....really....No SHIT.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by TJS View Post
    Sleep good ?
    I lost count after "none" but I slept like Bigfoot after an evening of finding love in the chicken coop!
    Last edited by ungawa; January 4th, 2015 at 10:13 PM.

(Montgomery County)

Bassaro, I along with another fellow had a brief encounter as we went under the railroad bridge in route to the turnpike entrance in Willow Grove in the 90's. It was 4:00 A.M. a fellow from Worth HVAC company was in a truck next to my truck and as we went under the bridge there wa a red light blinking yellow. a huge cat about the height and length of a bicycle was swatting at a possum in the middle of the road and in one leap went into the brush to the right of us. We cranked down our windows and said, "No one is going to believe us" later that night a TV camera crew spotted one outside a Newtown school yard about 10 miles away. I saw nothing for years then in 2016 in November I was coming home from Philadelphia at 9:45 at night on Moreland Road in Lower Moreland toward route 232(second street pike ) I slowed up as three deer ran in front of me about 50 yards away followed by a crouching brown cat the size of a big German Sheppard. Then in January of 2017 my wife and I were in the same area on Terrwood Road near a reserve and turned on to Edge Hill Road 100 yard from the Golf course back nine but surrounded by single high end homes. My wife said look out and I hit the brakes just as a large, I mean very large Mountain lion jumped from a boulder in front of my car and ran off into the brush to my left. The in May, My dachshound woke me up at 3:00 A.M.. I thought he had to relieve himself but when I opened my back porch door he refused to leave my side. I then recorded a screaming sound like a women being assaulted. I later played it to my veterinarian and he agreed with my investigation that it was a mountain lion calling another. In may, I took my dog to the Vet for his shots. The assistant told me her uncle and her were coming back home and in the field at Terrwood road she and he spotted a big brown cat(mountain lion) carrying a big wild turkey in his mouth heading toward Creek Road. Creek road is a rocky cliff area with small caves that we used to explore when we were kids. Then in that spring the deer were spooked and ran through our yards knocking down the trash cans in the process of jumping the fences. I got a cat print that was 4" across. Please note when I contacted the game warden in January of 2017 they told me I saw a Bob Cat. I have a background going back to boy scouts, hunting and tracking as a kid; this was no bob cat it was at least 7' long from nose to tip of tail and had to weigh at least 125 lbs. and more likely 200 lbs. It is huge.

^^^Good first post^^^^

4 sightings wow, and all believable.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    ^^^Good first post^^^^

4 sightings wow, and all believable.
    I have to spread the rep around....

(Indiana County)

Haven't seen a mountain lion, but I have seen a lynx. Taking a shortcut over a dirt road in southern Clearfield County, came around a curve and there it was, jacked-up rear end and all, bigger than a bobcat (and bobcats don't have jacked-up rear ends). Of course, the game people will tell us we don't have any such animals here in Western Pennsylvania.

Our local barber told me she saw a mountain lion, also in
    southern Clearfield County just north of me. I believe her. Another lady, living up on the ridge behind my house, stated she saw one, too (could have been the same animal). Her description matched that of a mountain lion.

Page 8 of 35 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast