Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    I've seen a few too.
    AFAIK they don't exist either.

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Mountain Lion sighting

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Regarding the previous picture...

https://www.democratandchronicle.com...wamp/72303014/

I will say definitively that we have no breeding population of mountain lions in PA. We are all aware of the one that was killed by a car in CT and they know it came from the west. So, another rogue cat could do the same.

As far as a population in PA, simply no. Here's why, NO ONE and I can't stress this enough NO ONE has had a verifiable sighting of one. With the plethora of trail cams, security cams, cell phone cams etc. no one has produced a photo from a verifiable location in this state. The internet is full of pictures that are reported to be here, or New York, or Maryland, or NJ and a host of other states. It's always some friend of a friend or distant relative that captured the photo. Yet there is never verification or the verification proves it happened in the cat's known domain. All of the outdoor writers for the various publication will be more than happy to verify the photo by coming to the scene and matching up the image with your camera because it would be big news. It never happens, the pictures are no more verifiable than Big Foot photos.

Secondly, if it lives in PA, it gets run over on PA roads. Mountain lions aren't magical. Where they live, they get squished by cars and trucks. I have seen just about everything in PA squished on the road personally or from other Troopers that send out a picture.

Mountain lions, as a species, don't live in PA.

By the way, an easy way to discredit the latest photo is to right-click on the photo and select Google Image Search. Suddenly, there's the truth that a friend or friend of a friend is trying to pass off as a PA mountain lion.
    Well I guess I might just be a gullible nucklehead.......

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Statkowski View Post
    Haven't seen a mountain lion, but I have seen a lynx. Taking a shortcut over a dirt road in southern Clearfield County, came around a curve and there it was, jacked-up rear end and all, bigger than a bobcat (and bobcats don't have jacked-up rear ends). Of course, the game people will tell us we don't have any such animals here in Western Pennsylvania.

Our local barber told me she saw a mountain lion, also in
    southern Clearfield County just north of me. I believe her. Another lady, living up on the ridge behind my house, stated she saw one, too (could have been the same animal). Her description matched that of a mountain lion.

I used to drive route 80 on my way to my parents home and my boat in Ashtabula, Ohio. I would stop for lunch at the Burger King in Clearfield, PA. We watched a Lynx carry a rabbit across the road on the north side of 80 near the west on ramp.

Quote Originally Posted by czarchuck368 View Post
    I used to drive route 80 on my way to my parents home and my boat in Ashtabula, Ohio. I would stop for lunch at the Burger King in Clearfield, PA. We watched a Lynx carry a rabbit across the road on the north side of 80 near the west on ramp.
    Probably a bobcat.....

(Bucks County)

Never heard anything about big cats along camp DelMont i’m a mile away but there is a really big strip of rocky woods for miles along the Unami creek. Seen a young moose about 8 or 10 yrs ago along rt209 in the Delaware water gap park in pike county, told somebody and they said I was full of shit moose don’t exist here. Found a article about the sighting along the Delaware water gap in NJ and PA shortly after doing a google search, I was convinced it was a moose but it ran across the road incredibly fast I just couldn’t believe it was a horse since it’s hoofs were huge.

Oh for fuck sake.

There aren't any mooses cuz dem Mt lions keeps eatn' em.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Oh for fuck sake.

LMAO!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Oh for fuck sake.

Hahahaha! (my dogs lifted their heads when I started laughing - they're looking at me like I'm crazy)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

[QUOTE=Emptymag;3831379]Hahahaha! (my dogs lifted their heads when I started laughing - they're looking at me like I'm crazy)[/QUOTE]

Well you are spending time in this thread so.........

Page 11 of 35 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast