Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Mountain Lion sighting

They are here. My friend Stan Perlman was driving home from Harrisburg on the PA turnpike about five miles east of Downingtown exit a mountain lion jumped on the guard rail 100 yards in front of him and went on its way heading north. He thought I was crazy until he saw one himself. Every time I saw one it was early morning or just at dusk when most people are not o the highway. When I was working a friend going to work watched as the Game Commission touch life a mountain lion about the size of a german Shepard into their pick up truck. He stopped and they told him; "You did not see this", "We do not want to scare the people out here". It was on Ridge Road near the DelMont Scout Reservation. That is about 18 miles from my home. I have been told a black cat the same size is roaming the woods along the turnpike. The turnpike, I think gives them a free meal. We have a deer killed or injured every day along the turnpike. We also have a pair of Eagles that the game commission is dropping Deer carcuses off near the nesting site in the winter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    While I have never seen a mountain lion in PA nothing is impossible, unlikely but not impossible. They have a natural rage of up to 350 miles and there have been plenty of idiots who run and purchase black market animals to release into the landscape or to play pretend hunter.

Again unlikely but not impossible.
    They turn up in down town LA and Santa Cruz once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by gdc View Post
    supposedly this was taken on a trail cam in albrightsville a few years ago.
    This has been going around on the local forums recently.
    I cant verify so take it for what it’s worth.
    That's too small to be a mountain lion.
    Galations 6:9...And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.
    Ashli Babbitt - Patriot

Quote Originally Posted by alpacaheat View Post
    That's too small to be a mountain lion.
    It’s definitely a chupacabra.

(Northampton County)

We have to remember that at one time ,they said the same thing about coyotes.

This thread reminds me of the whole thirty seconds I watched of Mountain Monsters.
    Last edited by P89; June 19th, 2018 at 03:45 PM.

(Adams County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    That's just a bobcat.
    Or a Maine Coon house cat.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by gdc View Post
    supposedly this was taken on a trail cam in albrightsville a few years ago.
    This has been going around on the local forums recently.
    I cant verify so take it for what it’s worth.
    If I had a picture that was exactly the size and coloration of the Willow Grove big cat. Years ago the game commission denied there were Bob Cats around our area. Now they admit it. A friend had one as a pet the mother was killed and he fed it and it was just like any other cat except there times the size.

(Perry County)

Regarding the previous picture...

https://www.democratandchronicle.com...wamp/72303014/

I will say definitively that we have no breeding population of mountain lions in PA. We are all aware of the one that was killed by a car in CT and they know it came from the west. So, another rogue cat could do the same.

As far as a population in PA, simply no. Here's why, NO ONE and I can't stress this enough NO ONE has had a verifiable sighting of one. With the plethora of trail cams, security cams, cell phone cams etc. no one has produced a photo from a verifiable location in this state. The internet is full of pictures that are reported to be here, or New York, or Maryland, or NJ and a host of other states. It's always some friend of a friend or distant relative that captured the photo. Yet there is never verification or the verification proves it happened in the cat's known domain. All of the outdoor writers for the various publication will be more than happy to verify the photo by coming to the scene and matching up the image with your camera because it would be big news. It never happens, the pictures are no more verifiable than Big Foot photos.

Secondly, if it lives in PA, it gets run over on PA roads. Mountain lions aren't magical. Where they live, they get squished by cars and trucks. I have seen just about everything in PA squished on the road personally or from other Troopers that send out a picture.

Mountain lions, as a species, don't live in PA.

By the way, an easy way to discredit the latest photo is to right-click on the photo and select Google Image Search. Suddenly, there's the truth that a friend or friend of a friend is trying to pass off as a PA mountain lion.
    Last edited by unclejumbo; June 20th, 2018 at 12:44 PM.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post

I will say definitively that we have no breeding population of mountain lions in PA. We are all aware of the one that was killed by a car in CT and they know it came from the west. So, another rogue cat could do the same.

As far as a population in PA, simply no. Here's why, NO ONE and I can't stress this enough NO ONE has had a verifiable sighting of one. With the plethora of trail cams, security cams, cell phone cams etc. no one has produced a photo from a verifiable location in this state. The internet is full of pictures that are reported to be here, or New York, or Maryland, or NJ and a host of other states. It's always some friend of a friend or distant relative that captured the photo. Yet there is never verification or the verification proves it happened in the cat's known domain. All of the outdoor writers for the various publication will be more than happy to verify the photo by coming to the scene and matching up the image with your camera because it would be big news. It never happens, the pictures are no more verifiable than Big Foot photos.

Secondly, if it lives in PA, it gets run over on PA roads. Mountain lions aren't magical. Where they live, they get squished by cars and trucks. I have seen just about everything in PA squished on the road personally or from other Troopers that send out a picture.

By the way, an easy way to discredit the latest photo is to right-click on the photo and select Google Image Search. Suddenly, there's the truth that a friend or friend of a friend is trying to pass off as a PA mountain lion.
    Stop making sense.
    I seen it.

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post

Funny I was just listening to a pod cast where a 38 year Game officer in Denver was saying the same thing about the supposed Grizzly Bears in CO that are being hidden from the public. Anyone with one a trail cam that called in was proven to be a large black bear which most people don’t know they can easily get to 600 lbs and have brownish colors. All other supposed sightings were not supported by photographic evidence or were 2nd hand info.

He stated with the sheer amount of digital devices people are using in the woods and on their property there’s been no documented proof. That doesn’t rule out a wanderer but it rules out a breeding sustainable population. No cougars they have in abundance and the population is ever growing and encroaching on the burbs on CO.

Page 10 of 35 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast