They are here. My friend Stan Perlman was driving home from Harrisburg on the PA turnpike about five miles east of Downingtown exit a mountain lion jumped on the guard rail 100 yards in front of him and went on its way heading north. He thought I was crazy until he saw one himself. Every time I saw one it was early morning or just at dusk when most people are not o the highway. When I was working a friend going to work watched as the Game Commission touch life a mountain lion about the size of a german Shepard into their pick up truck. He stopped and they told him; "You did not see this", "We do not want to scare the people out here". It was on Ridge Road near the DelMont Scout Reservation. That is about 18 miles from my home. I have been told a black cat the same size is roaming the woods along the turnpike. The turnpike, I think gives them a free meal. We have a deer killed or injured every day along the turnpike. We also have a pair of Eagles that the game commission is dropping Deer carcuses off near the nesting site in the winter.
Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
While I have never seen a mountain lion in PA nothing is impossible, unlikely but not impossible. They have a natural rage of up to 350 miles and there have been plenty of idiots who run and purchase black market animals to release into the landscape or to play pretend hunter.

Again unlikely but not impossible.
They turn up in down town LA and Santa Cruz once in awhile.