Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast
    (Susquehanna County)

Default Re: Mountain Lion sighting

The only cougar I have seen in PA offered to get me drunk and take advantage of me in a sexual was.. problem was, she looked just like Phillis Diller's identical twin
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    The only cougar I have seen in PA offered to get me drunk and take advantage of me in a sexual was.. problem was, she looked just like Phillis Diller's identical twin
    But could she make a sandwich

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by czarchuck368 View Post
    I have a blurred pic of a mountain lion from my trail Cam in my residential back yard in Willow Grove. I also have videos of Fox, Coyotes, A hybrid Coyo-Wolf, a fisher, raccoons, two herds of deer two bucks, skunks, turkey, and during the day we have to watch our dog because we have an Eagle per that has taken rabbits from our lawn. It is getting scary from early evening to early morning. They follow the deer. Others have seen them but do not want to be ridiculed as being nuts. I worry about the safety of people taking the trails later in the day. We only see the mountain lions as an observation in the winter months from Late November to March.
    Picture or ban. Take your pick.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Perry County)

Every outdoor writer is begging for pics. They'll come to your camera location and verify. It's the story they all want.

And yet...
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    Beauty is just a light switch away

(Bucks County)

If women were grass, men would be...

Grasshoppers
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Bucks County)

(Bucks County)

Hey! Y'caught the flyin' saucer too!
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Northumberland County)

My son claims he sees one now and then in Coal run. I hunt there and hike there. I have never saw one. I also put trail cams out before deer season. No cougars. Friends who have cams out year around say none on theirs. So..... But we also camp there. I heard screaming like they supposedly do. I'm thinking the screams are bob cats though.
    Member of Zerbe Township Rod & Gun Club.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Well Bassro,

I believe you saw a mountain lion. I am professional photographer, and up until 2012 when I turned 70 I use to do some nature and wildlife photography. I mid summer of 2011 I was Westport (not too far from Renovo). I went up Rt 120 to Rt 144 headed for Cross Fork. I stopped periodically to venture into the bush to good depth hoping to get photos. I was probably about 3 miles north of Renovo and a mile into the wooded area where there was visible rocky terrain among the woods. It was then that I feel certain I saw a mountain lion working it way from the rock face to a tree line. I picked up with binoculars but did not have a long enough telephoto lens to photograph it. Even if I had I probably would have missed the shot because the mountain lion was only visible for maybe ten seconds. I am certain it was a mountain lion.

That is exactly where my husband and I saw one. I think it may have been a year or so before that though. Not far after we started up 144 north out of Renovo it ran across the road in front of us. It was fall and after dark but it ran across maybe only 15 feet in front of us so there was no mistaking what it was. Was upset it was dark and couldn't see after it crossed.

Page 26 of 35 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast