Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Indiana County)

Default Mountain Lion sighting

Last edited by Bassaro; January 14th, 2019 at 10:05 PM.

Default Re: Mountain Lion sighting

i believe you. i really do think the game commission is denying that there are still some out there for whatever reason.

(York County)

Two people I trust 100% said they have seen mountain lions in PA. That is good enough for me.

(Berks County)

There are no mountain lion in Pa!..............The game commission told us that.

However I don't believe them for a minute. As a matter of fact, this deer season I was walking to my hunting spot. I was following the tracks from where we drug a deer the night before. There was snow on the ground, and at first glance I thought I was looking at bear tracks until I got to an area where it was smooth. There were several prints that were clear as day. I had to do a Google search to be positive about what I was looking at. Needless to say the hair on the back of my neck stood up knowing the night before we drug the neighbors deer out just after dark.

I was talking to one of the others who hunt the same property and told him what I saw. He said he saw the cat in archery at a distance. On his way home he stopped to chat with a neighbor to the property and told him he thought he saw a mountain lion heading into his property. He was invited inside to see pics on his computer from his trail cameras. He told me he estimates it is about 6 to 7 feet long.

(Tioga County)

There are no mountain lions in Pennsylvania.

The eastern cougars died out in the early part of the 20th century with the exception of the "Florida Panthers" in the Everglades. Those would have died out in the 1980's and 1990's had not wildlife officials introduced western cougars into the population.

So you have the western cougar which has been expanding it's range to the east. But they are not here yet. How do I know? Because any state where there are cougars, there is sign and no one in PA has been able to find any despite the large amount of hunters and outdoorsman in PA. In any other state where the cougar exists they frequently get hit by cars, scratch up trees, leave prints everywhere, poop everywhere, leave fur around, dead kills, etc. No one has yet found any of that here in PA, nor has gotten a picture either. Here in Tioga County we have had a few people proclaim to have taken photos of cougars, when hilariously it is very obviously a bobcat.

What people see are larger feral cats at distance which look bigger than they are.

(Westmoreland County)

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bassaro View Post
    Ok everyone I finally decided to share my interesting story with the internet. Before I do let me just add this DISCLAIMER: this will sound worse then any BS fishing story or big buck story you've ever heard from some idiot at camp or work. I understand that this sounds like a total load of bull...and that is why it took so long to share this story. It's like saying I saw bigfoot or a UFO.
    There is no Bigfoot in PA but Topsy is real.

(Montgomery County)

Did you take any photos of the paw prints?
    Was there any physical evidence around where it took the yote?

(Montgomery County)

Well Bassro,

I believe you saw a mountain lion. I am professional photographer, and up until 2012 when I turned 70 I use to do some nature and wildlife photography. I mid summer of 2011 I was Westport (not too far from Renovo). I went up Rt 120 to Rt 144 headed for Cross Fork. I stopped periodically to venture into the bush to good depth hoping to get photos. I was probably about 3 miles north of Renovo and a mile into the wooded area where there was visible rocky terrain among the woods. It was then that I feel certain I saw a mountain lion working it way from the rock face to a tree line. I picked up with binoculars but did not have a long enough telephoto lens to photograph it. Even if I had I probably would have missed the shot because the mountain lion was only visible for maybe ten seconds. I am certain it was a mountain lion.

The rangers in kentucky just killed the first mt lion east of the mississippi since the civil war, michigans chief ranger personally observed a mt lion. I would believe a feral cougar was released or escaped from some collector before I believe the game commission was releasing them.
    Derrion Albert was my Hero.

Page 1 of 35 1234511 ... LastLast