Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Mountain Lion sighting

Friend living near Kunkletown says she saw a mountain lion this morning. She says she knows what one looks like...she saw one years ago on her grandparents property outside of Lock Haven and her grandfather saw it too and said thats what it was. This person is not a bullshitter, so she believes what she is saying.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

I live in Kunkletown.

I believe she thinks she saw a mountain lion but I would bet my bank account she didn't.

There's a lot of land and farms around here but there's even more completely opened land, developments, people, traffic, and trail cams from hunters all over.

When they show up all over California suburbs it's because they are looking for easy meals they are easily spotted by people, stealing easy dog meals from yards, and quite often hit by cars and found dead.

Funny that never happens here in PA.
    Last edited by Hodgie; November 21st, 2019 at 10:03 PM.

(Bucks County)

I tried to get her to think about the possibility it was something else. She is convinced she and grandpop saw one when she was a kid and she knows what one looks like. She says a neighbor man saw one and called the game commission (I don't know why) and the GC person said there ain't any.

I sent her an email re the extinct eastern cougar, declared extinct in 2011, and removed from the endangered species list, and it had not been seen for over 80 years. Also sent her a bunch of photos of the critter.
    There are two kinds of guns. Those I have acquired, and those I hope to.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by 27hand View Post
    So. I'm heading north to my friends camp for the upcoming rifle deer season.
    Since I got 2 deer, I will be the shanty bitch.
    I'll cook, make jerky, fix the pull cord on the generator and fish.
    My question, since you guys have now scared me with these couple posts about mountain loons is this.
    Do you all think 9mm hardcast is enough to stop a loon if I'm fishing and get attacked by one, OR should I have .44 mag semiwadcutters? I dont have any .45 hard cast so figure possibly the .44 could save me.

I believe I'll carry it over my chest waders for a lightening quick presentation if needed.

Opinions?

I'm going to wear a trail cam on my chest, kinda like a body cam to record the kill.

And yes, I have my furtakers license.
    There have been documented cases of people killing bears with 9mm.
    Personally, I would feel confident with a G19 and a 15 round mag for any eventuality, human or otherwise.
    I think there may be an unconfirmed wandering cougar here or there, but the chances of running into one are slim to none.
    Probably a greater chance of me starting my own Kpop group.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

I have a blurred pic of a mountain lion from my trail Cam in my residential back yard in Willow Grove. I also have videos of Fox, Coyotes, A hybrid Coyo-Wolf, a fisher, raccoons, two herds of deer two bucks, skunks, turkey, and during the day we have to watch our dog because we have an Eagle per that has taken rabbits from our lawn. It is getting scary from early evening to early morning. They follow the deer. Others have seen them but do not want to be ridiculed as being nuts. I worry about the safety of people taking the trails later in the day. We only see the mountain lions as an observation in the winter months from Late November to March.

Quote Originally Posted by czarchuck368 View Post
    I have a blurred pic of a mountain lion from my trail Cam in my residential back yard in Willow Grove. I also have videos of Fox, Coyotes, A hybrid Coyo-Wolf, a fisher, raccoons, two herds of deer two bucks, skunks, turkey, and during the day we have to watch our dog because we have an Eagle per that has taken rabbits from our lawn. It is getting scary from early evening to early morning. They follow the deer. Others have seen them but do not want to be ridiculed as being nuts. I worry about the safety of people taking the trails later in the day. We only see the mountain lions as an observation in the winter months from Late November to March.
    25 pages, over 200 comments and lots of claims and again we have to ask for the f—king photo?

These are mountain lions not big foots, anyone with any proof at all won’t be ridiculed.

It’s amazing that these elusive and loner cats that typically roam large swaths of uninhabited areas show up on trail cams, doorbell cams, iPhone cams, and dead on the road in Colorado and CA but never a shred of evidence in PA.

Here's one of the two Mountain Lions that are currently in NE PA, the 2nd was sleeping because it was too damn hot out that day.

Lots of people spot them every day at Claws and Paws zoo.

This will be the longest running TROLL thread on PAFOA.
    Last edited by Hodgie; November 22nd, 2019 at 09:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I live in Kunkletown.

I believe she thinks she saw a mountain lion but I would bet my bank account she didn't.

There's a lot of land and farms around here but there's even more completely opened land, developments, people, traffic, and trail cams from hunters all over.

When they show up all over California suburbs it's because they are looking for easy meals they are easily spotted by people, stealing easy dog meals from yards, and quite often hit by cars and found dead.

Funny that never happens here in PA.
    That's because the PGC is covering up all the incidents.....duh. They have a secret division that goes around and mops up the mess, deletes trail cams pics, remotely blurs cells phone pics, removes all internet references, and provides disinformation. This is why they need an increase every year in license fees. Due to the massive amount of manpower required. The Russians would be impressed by the size and scope of the operation.

(Chester County)

This is very similar to people that claim there are still Grizzly Bears in Colorado (where there ARE Mountain Lions). Yet, no pictures, no incidents, no carcasses, no proof. When I lived there I hiked and camped in the San Juan mountains where many say there are Grizzlies, and never saw any evidence, not that it means anything, but I never was scared of an encounter

There are so many trail cams and other cams in PA now that we'd have evidence by now.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    That's because the PGC is covering up all the incidents.....duh. They have a secret division that goes around and mops up the mess, deletes trail cams pics, remotely blurs cells phone pics, removes all internet references, and provides disinformation. This is why they need an increase every year in license fees. Due to the massive amount of manpower required. The Russians would be impressed by the size and scope of the operation.
    I believe that it is known as Area 49...

(Berks County)

Yeti lives.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast