Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default Re: Mountain Lion sighting

My son keeps saying he sees a mountain loin where we hunt. Of course it's when im not around. I never got it on my trail cams. Would love to see one though. I think he is spotting a bob cat.
    Member of Zerbe Township Rod & Gun Club.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by CoalcrackerAl View Post
    My son keeps saying he sees a mountain loin where we hunt. Of course it's when im not around. I never got it on my trail cams. Would love to see one though. I think he is spotting a bob cat.
    I guess I’m dumb. I thought cougar, mountain lion, and bobcat, were the same. I was never interested enough to research. Maybe if I ever saw one, I would have been.
    The Gun is the Badge of a Free Man

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    I guess I’m dumb. I thought cougar, mountain lion, and bobcat, were the same. I was never interested enough to research. Maybe if I ever saw one, I would have been.
    Cougar and mountain lion are the same. Bobcats are completely different. We've got bobcats around here enough I've seen quite a few over the years.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunsnwater View Post
    Bob Cats are smaller and have a very short tail.. They are still vicious but whenever I cam across one on theAppalachian trail, along the Delaware River or on Red Rock Mountain they look and they run away quickly. Mountain Lions (Puma) all are tan brown, weigh more, have long thick tails and are very quick. I have gotten blurred pics of them.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by czarchuck368 View Post
    Bassaro, I along with another fellow had a brief encounter as we went under the railroad bridge in route to the turnpike entrance in Willow Grove in the 90's. It was 4:00 A.M. a fellow from Worth HVAC company was in a truck next to my truck and as we went under the bridge there wa a red light blinking yellow. a huge cat about the height and length of a bicycle was swatting at a possum in the middle of the road and in one leap went into the brush to the right of us. We cranked down our windows and said, "No one is going to believe us" later that night a TV camera crew spotted one outside a Newtown school yard about 10 miles away. I saw nothing for years then in 2016 in November I was coming home from Philadelphia at 9:45 at night on Moreland Road in Lower Moreland toward route 232(second street pike ) I slowed up as three deer ran in front of me about 50 yards away followed by a crouching brown cat the size of a big German Sheppard. Then in January of 2017 my wife and I were in the same area on Terrwood Road near a reserve and turned on to Edge Hill Road 100 yard from the Golf course back nine but surrounded by single high end homes. My wife said look out and I hit the brakes just as a large, I mean very large Mountain lion jumped from a boulder in front of my car and ran off into the brush to my left. The in May, My dachshound woke me up at 3:00 A.M.. I thought he had to relieve himself but when I opened my back porch door he refused to leave my side. I then recorded a screaming sound like a women being assaulted. I later played it to my veterinarian and he agreed with my investigation that it was a mountain lion calling another. In may, I took my dog to the Vet for his shots. The assistant told me her uncle and her were coming back home and in the field at Terrwood road she and he spotted a big brown cat(mountain lion) carrying a big wild turkey in his mouth heading toward Creek Road. Creek road is a rocky cliff area with small caves that we used to explore when we were kids. Then in that spring the deer were spooked and ran through our yards knocking down the trash cans in the process of jumping the fences. I got a cat print that was 4" across. Please note when I contacted the game warden in January of 2017 they told me I saw a Bob Cat. I have a background going back to boy scouts, hunting and tracking as a kid; this was no bob cat it was at least 7' long from nose to tip of tail and had to weigh at least 125 lbs. and more likely 200 lbs. It is huge.
    I have blurry pic of a young one flying past my trail Cam I am putting more CAMS out there to capture mom and dad when they pass through after the deer herd. I have a lot of Coyote pics too.

(Bucks County)

I'm in warminster,maybe time to set the trail cam out back.Had deer tear ass through a couple times.

(Lycoming County)

216 posts and not 1 photo?????

This thread disappoints everytime I open it.

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post

I wonder why?

(Carbon County)

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by R L Suehr View Post

Attachment 122352

Page 22 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1218192021222324252632 ... LastLast