Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Cumberland County)

Default Ever hate seeing.......

Congratulations! You have won .....

I put in these low bids and half of me says "no more, hope someone outbids me" and the other half says "what a deal if I win".
    I love my Llama's, and no one noticed in this auction that this one was one of the older, more desirable locked breech - not blowback, non vented rib style Llama 380's ( not a model IIIA - still trying to figure out if these are model III or VI ). I have another one that I bought from a member here a couple years ago, but this one was a steal, so I couldn't resist. Came with original mags, book, etc. too I know Llama is one of those love 'em or hate 'em guns, but I do love 'em!

Last edited by cruzans; December 28th, 2014 at 02:56 PM.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Default Re: Ever hate seeing.......

My uncle gave me a 1911 .45 Its a BIG gun. I don't think i shot it yet. Ive had it for 6yrs or so.

(Cumberland County)

Research I think paid off finally! I believe this is model III not IIIA or VI. I knew it definitely was not IIIA, but was going back and forth between III or VI - both made around the same time, stopping in 1954. The determining factor from what I have read is the VI has a slightly shorter barrel, holds one less round, and usually has police markings ( not always ). I compared my III with my IIIA and they have the same barrel and magazine capacity, thus my determination the one I have, and this one I just bought must be model III's.
    I know, I know, no one cares
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by cruzans View Post
    Research I think paid off finally! I believe this is model III not IIIA or VI. I knew it definitely was not IIIA, but was going back and forth between III or VI - both made around the same time, stopping in 1954. The determining factor from what I have read is the VI has a slightly shorter barrel, holds one less round, and usually has police markings ( not always ). I compared my III with my IIIA and they have the same barrel and magazine capacity, thus my determination the one I have, and this one I just bought must be model III's.
    I know, I know, no one cares
    Hey I care,

I have a IIIA and wouldn't mind having one of the older versions as well. Nice pick up. I like Spanish guns in general. I want to start collecting them but other guns seem to always get in the way . I have 1 Star and 1 Llama currently but that might have to change. I really should get some direction to my collecting.

(Cumberland County)

Ok, been reading and I think I'm correcting myself again. The old one I have is definitely a III but this new one I now believe is a very early IIIA. The early IIIA's were still locked breech, and had a longer thumb safety - the III had a shorter thumb safety. Eventually the IIIA changed over to blowback, vented rib, and plastic grips. So with this addition, I now believe I have the III, an early IIIA and an older IIIA - plus some 9's, 45's, 32 auto, 32 long, 357, etc, etc, done reading and looking stuff up for the night
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

(Cumberland County)

Came to the door today - neat little piece. Overall in good shape, just some good cleaning, maybe a little of my oxpho - but think just a good cleaning and she'll be good to go. Even came with a homemade holster and a really nice original manual ...... and no import stamping anywhere - neat.

Last edited by cruzans; January 8th, 2015 at 03:33 PM.
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

It's a baby 1911.

Nice looking gun. Let us know how it performs.

(Cumberland County)

Quote Originally Posted by DoverDad View Post
    It's a baby 1911.

Nice looking gun. Let us know how it performs.
    Thanks. I have a few of these mini 1911's - fun little guns. Hopefully I can get her out this weekend!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"