Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Default Holster help for CC

I'm trying to decide how I want to carry concealed, so I'm looking for some feedback. I thought I'd try a few inexpensive IWB or OWB soft holsters to see how they feel without investing a lot of money in the trial process. I planned on carrying MOB but I was cautioned about falling on ice and busting ass, spine, and gun. That doesn't sound like a lot of fun, so 'let's ask the experts'.

Has anyone had any experience with Barsony or Blackhawk IWB's? Any others I should look at? What's your preferred location?

Thanks.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Holster help for CC

I used to laugh at remora holsters, now I have one for every pistol I carry... I love them.

(Bucks County)

IWB, get a Sticky. Cheap and Carries in any position at any can't. I don't know how but it just works.
    http://stickyholsters.com/

Btw Sticky is a Remora clone
    Tact is just not saying true stuff. I'll pass.

I've never tried any that you have said you have interest in.

However I have had experience with COMP-TAC MTAC Minataur IWB holster & loved it.

I've also had experience with Vigillance Tactical which is a PA based company. Good customer service. However I didn't like their IWB offering that I picked up. It just dug into my skin too much and hurt. Might be good for some but not for me.

I now have a Hidden Hybrids IWB/OWB holster. I haven't gotten to test it out yet but the construction of it is great! Overall would reccommend them to anyone thus far. Again haven't had time to truly test it out yet, but the gun fits nicely in it.

I like to carry IWB & at about 3-4 O'clock.

(Lehigh County)

Over the years I have tried a couple different IWB holsters and I always come back to these. They are soft, real thin, comfortable and don't allow moisture to get to your weapon. In fact, I took a sidearm out for a 5 mile run yesterday and it was so comfortable that I had to keep checking to make sure it was still there.

http://www.unclemikes.com/holsters/c...-pant-holsters

Oh did I mention that they are also ridiculously inexpensive.
    Your freedom to be you includes my freedom to be free from you. -Andrew Wilkow

(Montgomery County)

I like the N82.
    Single clip holds holster securely and close to body.
    Light weight too.
    You will probably wind up with more holsters then guns eventually.
    https://www.n82tactical.com:)

(York County)

As someone who carries a lot of goodies on my belt and pants, as well as IWB daily, I personally can't see how I would do it without knowing everything was secure. I use a bullhide 1 1/2" belt and a Mark Garrity clip holster. I haven't seen anyone use his type of clip. It has a claw punched through the bottom clip which engages the bottom edge of the belt and makes it even difficult to take off when you want to sometimes, so you know it's staying put during carry and draw. Some clip holsters make it obvious that having the holster stay attached to the belt isn't a guarantee. I've been very pleased with Mark's work over many years. Buy your third holster first and save some room in the drawer. BTW, I have nothing in Mark's business, just an endorsement from a satisfied customer.

As far as position, I believe it's going to be difficult to improve on strong side at about 3-4 oclock. There are others. but the standard is the standard for a reason. Covers all bases well. Simplify your system and make it bullet proof. Constantly changing around seems to me to be a recipe for failure when success will be what you need at that very moment. That's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by mosseater View Post
    As someone who carries a lot of goodies on my belt and pants, as well as IWB daily, I personally can't see how I would do it without knowing everything was secure. I use a bullhide 1 1/2" belt and a Mark Garrity clip holster. I haven't seen anyone use his type of clip. It has a claw punched through the bottom clip which engages the bottom edge of the belt and makes it even difficult to take off when you want to sometimes, so you know it's staying put during carry and draw. Some clip holsters make it obvious that having the holster stay attached to the belt isn't a guarantee. I've been very pleased with Mark's work over many years. Buy your third holster first and save some room in the drawer. BTW, I have nothing in Mark's business, just an endorsement from a satisfied customer.

As far as position, I believe it's going to be difficult to improve on strong side at about 3-4 oclock. There are others. but the standard is the standard for a reason. Covers all bases well. Simplify your system and make it bullet proof. Constantly changing around seems to me to be a recipe for failure when success will be what you need at that very moment. That's my opinion.
    You make a good point about buying your "third" holster first. I should have just gone with either the COMP-TAC style I had before and loved or with the Hidden Hybrids I just got. Instead I wanted to try something different & look it didn't work out well. I should have listened to insticnt and knew what was comfortable for me.

(Montgomery County)

IWB, I run my G23 at around 4:00 in a Blade Tech kydex type holster. My only gripe with it is I wish it was tuckable.

I prefer my Safariland ALS paddle though. The added retention is nice. It hides well enough under an untucked Dickie's work shirt or a coat.

I pick the holster based on the pants I'm wearing that day, as the IWB holster requires me to go a size up.

(Delaware County)

I have to say I have recently started using a IWB holster from Alien Gear Holsters and love it. They a very comfortable and price is great. The best thing about the holsters are you can change to ride hieght, angle and how much tension it holds on your gun. One of the most amazing things they offer to is free she'll swaps so if you sell or change your carry gun they will swap out the gun shell for free! If you haven't heard of them it's worth it to check them out.

http://aliengearholsters.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast