Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Lawrence County)

Default Re: Metcalfe to Introduce Resolution to Impeach Attorney General Kane

Quote Originally Posted by mollymayhem82 View Post
    Let me put this another way. What if a Black Panther got elected as a state rep out of Philly, who was strong on gun rights, but was a raging antisemite, supported Obama, and was probably a racist? How quick would everyone here rally behind him, because he was pro-gun?
    Be a huge step up from the current Philly D's.

(Berks County)

I'm not a single issue voter. I don't care if a person is a gun rights zealot, if they're going to ignore the rest of the Constitution because they don't approve of your sexuality, race, religion, etc. Actively working against marriage equality is not "not kissing gay butts".
    A perfectly valid point of view IMHO.

I also fail to see how I'm "instigating" anything. This is a discussion forum, not a "everyone needs to agree" forum. I don't post stuff to because I want people to agree with it, I post my opinions because they're my opinions. Yours may be different than mine, and that's okay.
    No one said you weren't entitled to your opinion. But the fact is that all too often you're on the other end of an argument, post report, etc. involving trolling or instigation. You post your opinions expecting to be able to say whatever you please, but come down on anyone else who does the same. You've rubbed others the wrong way around here a lot, and today it was me that felt that way. At the end of the day, if you can't get along with the others playing in the sandbox, then find another sandbox.

FWIW, if your first or second post in this thread had been what you wrote above (instead of the dismissive zinger and accusations of butthurt when someone challenged you), I'd would've had no issue with it. Unlike what you did post, the above is informative and actually gave me some insight into what you think.

Like I said...twice...I want Kane out of office. The fact that Metcalfe is the one pushing for it makes it unlikely that it'll be taken seriously, because he's a clown. Nobody outside the gun community takes him seriously, and that's his own fault.

Are you telling me there are NO other pro-gun politicians in PA? None at all? Therre have to be. Find out who they are and support them.
    Couldn't agree more with this.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Bucks County)

I sense a disturbance in the Butthurt Force. I never said she doesn't deserve to be fired for being an incompetent asshole, I said no one is going to take a homophobic retard like Metcalfe seriously, because he's a homophobic retard.
    You're entitled to your opinion...it's not a fact but a slanderous opinion. At least he's doing something. At least he's taking a stand for what is right and following the law. At least he's sponsoring some real good bills. Is he perfect? No! But do you see others time aftef time pushing pro gun and pro freedom bills? Are you contacting your reps? BTW, just because someone doesn't bow to the gay community does not make them "homophobic retards". That's so 2009. We're all created equall, equal freedoms not forced rights.Government has no place in marriage, but I digress as that's for another thread.

Let me put this another way. What if a Black Panther got elected as a state rep out of Philly, who was strong on gun rights, but was a raging antisemite, supported Obama, and was probably a racist? How quick would everyone here rally behind him, because he was pro-gun?
    Bad analogy, it would never happen....an Obama voter and antisemite are big government shills and don't support the 2a FULLY.....EVER! Usually most strong 2a supporters are typically in support or more supportive of the Constitution. I typically look at their stance and voting record in this order...
    -2a
    -spending/taxes.

90% of the time you get a quick synopsis of where they stand then I'll determine if further research is needed.

The main point is he's doing the right thing and he's actually doing something. I don't care if a philly democrat was doing this, I'd support him because this woman disregards law and is blatantly disrespecting her post. Something needs to be done and we need to support that someone. So I ask, instead of complaining, are you contacting your reps? We need to get behind these regardless of its chances or sponsor.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post
    [ADMIN]
    Feel free to move on if you don't want to "take this seriously", because comments like this add nothing substantive to the discussion, and IMHO only serve to instigate.

And again, more instigation.
    [/ADMIN]

With that said: while I think Kane isn't doing her job, I'd like to see her gone, and I think this is a good gesture, I don't think it's going to get anywhere.

IMHO Metcalfe has serious credibility problems, and the media is already attempting to paint Seth Williams (the Philly DA) as the next best candidate for AG. Make no mistake about it, he is NOT a friend of the pro-2A agenda.

So what we have is a right-wing extremist calling for the impeachment of a left-wing extremist, where the only person being floated as a candidate is a left-wing extremist, who will likely get a lot of backing from the very same person who got Kane elected. Not exactly the best situation for Team Metcalfe, as it means a lot of effort for little reward.

And in the end, the People still suffer.
    I was whole heartedly agreeing with Mollys comment, not instigating. And unless my reading comprehension is failing, you went on agree with what see said also, albeit in a softer manner.

I take this matter very serious, or I wouldn't have commented.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ChamberedRound View Post

So what we have is a right-wing extremist calling for the impeachment of a left-wing extremist, where the only person being floated as a candidate is a left-wing extremist, who will likely get a lot of backing from the very same person who got Kane elected. Not exactly the best situation for Team Metcalfe, as it means a lot of effort for little reward.

And in the end, the People still suffer.
    Please people, if someone is for limited government they can not be a right wing extremist in the USA. That is the European model. We have big government extremists, limited government or anarchists.

Nothing leads me to believe he is for big government nor an anarchist.

However, I get your point about the end results.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(Allegheny County)

My husband and I have met Daryl Metcalfe on a few occasions like Harrisburg for HB40 etc and even attended a few of his monthly meetings in the past. We think he is a very proactive 2nd amendment firearms rights guy and has proven so in the past.

He speaks of our "right" to bear arms yet he continues to push his "personal agenda" of taking away gays "right" as a couple to be wed. In our opinion, marriage falls under the pursuit of happiness as any straight couple has already been granted and his efforts to go backwards to keep marriage only for straight couples has turned us off immensely.

I ran into Daryl Metcalfe recently and had a unheated conversation with him about how I felt on this topic. I told him he needs to stand in the shoes of those who are gay or have loved ones who are gay and see through a different set of eyes before he makes such unfair judgement.

He said everyone has a right to their opinion and i totally agree with him on that statement. I just don't understand his wasted effort and time on "his opinion" of what gays should be allowed to do and not do. That is definitely "his" opinion. We feel he needs to back off that negative effort and deal with real necessary work that will benefit the people.

(Washington County)

The problem with Kane is she needs to enforce all the laws passed by the legislator. This is what is called separation of powers as outline in the Constitution. It is not her job to make laws.

(Dauphin County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobGun View Post
    The problem with Kane is she needs to enforce all the laws passed by the legislator. This is what is called separation of powers as outline in the Constitution. It is not her job to make laws.
    Why waste our tax dollars? The tide of public opinion has change to pro gay marriage and the courts are overwhelmingly ruling in favor of gay marriage. But you would have her waste her time and our tax dollars pushing your religious agenda. I think not...

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    A year ago, I introduced a resolution (House Resolution 572 of 2013-14) calling for the impeachment of Attorney General Kathleen Kane. I believed then, as I believe today, that she has displayed a blatant disregard and disrespect for the law. One of the primary differences between a year ago and today is that there are even more alarming incidents and allegations that call her ability to perform the duties of her office into question. That is why I intend to reintroduce this resolution, with updated findings and articles of impeachment.

Thanks. Time to clean house in H'burg. Pennsylvania needs a professional Attorney General, not a State funded Solicitor for the Democratic Party.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    Wolf will render the Legislature as useless as Obamao has with Congress. This is the up and coming political move for executives that can't get "things" done. The move entails, ignore the Constitution and do what you please because no one will call you on it if you're handing out goodies to the "right" reciepients. Kane is safe with Wolf as defacto Dear Leader.
    I don't necessarily agree. Tom Wolfe cannot hand out anything without working with the legislature. If he tries it he can be sued or impeached.

Tom Wolfe is in a bad situation. He is an outsider in Harrisburg. A dark horse candidate who self financed is someone who owes no one any favors. If you own no one anything they owe you nothing to help get what they want.

Tom Wolfe bought his governor seat. He isn't rich enough to buy the PA legislature.

Mr. Wolfe is going to need helpers to get anything more than the Status quo done. If he fails to do more than get the Status Quo done his Democratic party friends will suffer in elections.

A corrupt AG is no help with the Legislature. They are worse than useless.

If Ms Kane continues to favor Democrats she creates an air of corruption around her. Many would vote for her opponent just to "clean house".

We can slowly squeeze Ms. Kane out of her job as State paid solicitor for the Democratic Party. We can make her tenure frustrating by shining the light of truth onto her.

We don't need to abuse her or pick on her. The stink of corruption will swing independents away from her.

Tom will eventually be forced to ask for her resignation just so he can accomplish something more than being a rubber stamp for the PA Legislature. Alternately she can take some of her crooked Democratic Party friends with her when she looses the election.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast