So a few years ago a picked up a model 19-5 and I had probably on put 100 rounds threw it before I ran into a pinch and needed some quick cash (we've all been there right?) And ever since I had sold it I wanted another 357 double action. I had done some research on the model 19 and they just have such a great history behind em. My problem is I've read some stories about busted frames and forcing cones and throat erosion, all of which I'm not a fan of! Anyway on Friday I was picking up a gun at my local gun store that I had laid away and the guy asked if I needed anything else. Now the cash register is right beside the used case at this particular store and I told him uhh ya I need to see that model 19 right there. I've been lookin for another one ever since I'd sold my previous one. They're hard to come by at least they are down my way. Anyway the gun is a 19-3 and has a fair amount of holster wear and a few spots of rust from what looks like being handles then never wiped off. The gun locks up fairly tight still has the 4" barrel amd still has the wood combat grips on it. Needless to say it's awesome. I had to lay it away. I couldn't justify bringin home 2 handguns. My questions are for you smith aficionados out there. What are some things to look for on this particular model to tell if it's been abused? How can I identify throat erosion? And what would a decent price be for this said gun? I know there's no picture but like I said holster wear on barrel and very light pitting from handling (plans are to cerakote this firearm so I'm not too worried about the finish) also if any of you have one what's the deal with feeding it mag loads? I've heard that it's mainly only the light gran bullets you need to worry about. I'm not into beat in the cap out of my guns. I reload and I usually load middle of the road for everything I shoot. The gun will probably mostly see hot 158 grain 38 specials but every now and then you wanna shoot a few hopped up rounds, am I right? Any help would be awesome and thank you in advance!