Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Will I be able to own guns at age 30?

I am prohibited from owning guns because of a juvenile charge of possession of a firearm by a minor. It is an M1. However, I did some research on-line and found info that states that the prohibition will be lifted when I reach the age of 30.

(8) A person who was adjudicated delinquent by a court pursuant to 42 Pa.C.S. § 6341 or under any equivalent Federal statute or statute of any other state as a result of conduct which if committed by an adult would constitute an offense enumerated in subsection (b) with the exception of those crimes set forth in paragraph (7). This prohibition shall terminate 15 years after the last applicable delinquent adjudication or upon the person reaching the age of 30, whichever is earlier.

My only concern is that I would still be barred because of federal guidelines. I also have three drug charges on my adult record. All three are ungraded misdemeanors. The maximum sentence for all three charges does not exceed one year. I don't know if that will cause issues. Any advice will be appreciated. The one charges is possession of marijuana for personal consumption. The other two charges are possession of drug paraphernalia.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Will I be able to own guns at age 30?

If you were truly adjudicated delinquent - it may be possible after turning 30yo.

As for ever getting a LTCF - not as long as you have those drug convictions on your record. They would need to be pardoned and then expunged.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Default Re: Will I be able to own guns at age 30?

Yes I was charged as a minor for the M1. Only the ungraded misdemeanors show up on background checks.