Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Monroe County)

Default PGC 09 - 10 changes that they SHOULD have made

Don't worry, Dredly has the solution to the deer herd issues:

1. You get your buck tag after turning in a filled doe tag. This will encourage harvesting a doe and thus controlling the deer population. it will also encourage rifle hunters to spend some time in the woods during muzzle loader season and archery season, thus generating additional revenue by selling more tags.

2. Get rid of the Antler restrictions, an antlered deer is an antlered deer. We don't need trophies, we need to keep the deer off the highways and out of peoples yards, fields... etc. We don't need BIGGER deer eating everything, we need less deer and a healthier herd. Also its been proven numerous times that AR's encourage smaller deer as older deer with poor genes are not able to be harvested (ie: forever spike and forever fork deer).

3. Doe tags become "supply and demand" to a certain point. IE each hunter can buy up to 3 / license year... once the total number are sold out then they are gone. This will drastically increase the success rate of the harvest. Only get another tag after the last one has been submitted as filled. OF course the first is the actual license purchased (see number 1)

4. Minor Increase in license fees. Its going to piss off some hunters but it will help offset the loss of income to the county treasurers from Doe sale declines.

5. Create a License / Permit for using State game lands and Co-Op land, this would be approx 1/2 the price of a hunting license and would work for using the lands for hiking, geocaching, shooting, fishing... etc. This will also help offset the amount lost from doe tags

6.Season Changes:

- ALLOW SUNDAY HUNTING
    - Extend archery season to overlap Bear season and make all the state start on the same day (Mid Sept). Archery season will end the Saturday before Thanksgiving.
    - Extend Rifle season to start on the day after Thanksgiving (Good Friday) - thus allowing 3 more hunting days (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday). This will basically allow a "Doe Season" for rifle only hunters and give all white tail hunters an extra weekend to hunt.
    - Late season "Flint lock only" season will become Inline and Flint lock, late season is extremly difficult to hunt and is not hunted as heavily as it should be due to the extreme cold. If you want to go out then go out! just no rifles.

7. Reward coyote harvest with a 10.00 bounty. Coyotes serve no valid purpose in our woods, we aren't talking about "balancing out the habitat" here. we are talking about an animal that was introduced and is now out of control. This "bounty" will be in the form of a 2.00 optional fee added to the license. If you do not pay the fee up front you can not collect the bounty. No limit to the number of bounty that can be collected.

Dredly just solved ALL the problems! Now we just need the PGC to fire all their top people, put in people who are hunters and this state will return to what it was for hunting... a meat hunters paradise where hunting isn't about trophy's, its about feeding the family.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: PGC 09 - 10 changes that they SHOULD have made

If Dredly threw in the use of semi-auto rifles, I'd vote for him!
    Safety is a good tool for tyrants; no one can be against safety.

Μολὼν λαβέ

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by Dredly View Post
    5. Create a License / Permit for using State game lands and Co-Op land, this would be approx 1/2 the price of a hunting license and would work for using the lands for hiking, geocaching, shooting, fishing... etc. This will also help offset the amount lost from doe tags
    What if I've already bought a hunting license? Do I still have to get the 'use permit' for other activities? What if I don't actually hunt (but still buy a license)?
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    What if I've already bought a hunting license? Do I still have to get the 'use permit' for other activities? What if I don't actually hunt (but still buy a license)?
    Hunting permits would cover the use of all state game lands and PGC paid for and patrolled properties like it is currently. The "non-hunter" pass would only be needed if a hunting license was not going to be purchased.
    The first vehicles normally on the scene of a crime are ambulances and police cruisers. If you are armed you have a chance to decide who gets transported in which vehicle, if you are not armed then that decision is made for you.

Be prepared, because someone else already is and no one knows their intent except them.

(Monroe County)

Quote Originally Posted by imperialism2024 View Post
    If Dredly threw in the use of semi-auto rifles, I'd vote for him!
    Sure lets throw in Semi-auto rifles as well. Sorry but there is going to be a round limit... I think it goes without saying that people WILL fire until it goes click. fully auto is still not permitted for hunting... sorry. From my experience with semi-auto rifles (from Maine) the shooter will resort to accuracy by volume.

capacity of 5 rounds sounds good to me (that gives 6 rounds total).

Of course semi auto muzzle loaders are still going to be illegal... sorry guys but we have to draw the line somewhere.

I was going to leave that for a the 10 - 11 season but why wait