Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Any South Hills shooters?

Quote Originally Posted by dirksterg30 View Post
    I'm from Upper St. Clair (the middle-class part, more correctly known as Lower St. Clair).
    I live in BP on the close to usc and PT. Where do you shoot at. I user to shoot at Bullseye look for a new place to shoot

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by school89 View Post
    I live in BP on the close to usc and PT. Where do you shoot at. I user to shoot at Bullseye look for a new place to shoot
    School,

I'm a Bridgeville guy and shoot(when I can) at Greater pitt Gun club which has recently reopened.

The range has deteriorated over the last few years but it still is a good place to shoot. I will take my own targetholders as the pallets used are usually pretty shot up.

It is open to the public.

Other ranges close by are Dormont/Mt Lebo (which Dirk belongs to I believe). This range has gotten pretty good reviews but has a policy of NO holster presentations. This, in itself, is enough to keep me out of there.

Coraopolis and Forest Grove are pretty good ( I only have experience with FG).

Welcome to the site.

27hand
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by 41 Redhawk View Post
    Again, this is my opinion only but I think there are too many thnigs against them. The township wants them to stay closed. The BATFE has been on their case. At least a few of the local residents do not want them to reopen. The close proximity to the new toll road (especially of the link gets completed to 79) will price the real estate out of reach for use as a gun range not to mention it will get built up around it. McDonald will be in trouble too if the road is completed.
    That all may well be true. But for now, if the place is properly run, one should take advantage of it.

The loss of that range is certainly not inevitable, by the way. The Township's problems can be solved, one way or the other. But there has to be a WILL to make the necessary investments and do things right.

(Allegheny County)

Pretty cool to see so many memebers right near me.

I grew up in Brookline (Brashear c/o 1998) and now live in Baldwin with my wife. I am right near South Park/Bethel Park/Pleasant Hills part of Baldwin.

I was thinking of joining Clairton Gun Club because of how close it is to me and I have a buddy who goes there.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by bics56 View Post
    Pretty cool to see so many memebers right near me.

I grew up in Brookline (Brashear c/o 1998) and now live in Baldwin with my wife. I am right near South Park/Bethel Park/Pleasant Hills part of Baldwin.

I was thinking of joining Clairton Gun Club because of how close it is to me and I have a buddy who goes there.
    A number of those who have participated in the F.I.R.E. Institute courses now gather to shoot at Pitcarin-Monroeville Sportsman's Assn. It is members only, but the membership fee is reasonable, as are the club officers. (No range-nazis telling you that you cannot be trusted with a loaded gun.)

We have just upgraded a training range there, which is 50 yards long and 12 positions wide, drained and well surfaced. I have not used it yet, but it should be great for scramblers and low-light exercises.

(Allegheny County)

Although I haven't attened a course from the F.I.R.E. Institute, I do have plans to accomplish that in the next year.

I am in Bethel Park, and am a member of PMSC. The drive is worth it, trust me. I also live about two miles from the Library Sportsmens Club, and I still prefer to drive almost an hour to PMSC. That alone should tell you something about PMSC.

(Washington County)

Bringing this thread back from the dead....

I'm born an raised in Bethel Park, Just moved to Finleyville in Sept. I was a member at Library Sportsmens Club. Ran into some hard times had to sell the guns. Finally landed a job after 3 yrs of trying with the Port Authority (Please keep the insults to a minimum).

I am looking to get an XD after the first, and I'm in the proccess of building my first AR. Got the lower, now just have to decide on the rest of the build.

(Allegheny County)

Im from South Park and Im thinking of joining Library Sportsmans club on RT88. Thats a very nice club.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by hjay1968 View Post
    Im from South Park and Im thinking of joining Library Sportsmans club on RT88. Thats a very nice club.

It is a nice club, but the indor pistol range is .22 only. So you have to shoot outside all year. They are very big in to trap and skeet shooting. I had my first job there when I was 14 as a trap boy. That being said, it is a pretty decent club and its close. I will probably re join in the spring.

(Allegheny County)

I'm a member of the Dormont/Mt. Lebo sportsman club ( which isn't located in either community). It's a very nice range, but as 27hand said ... you can't shoot from a holstered position. They do have a little range where you can move and shoot though.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    If the police could confiscate all of your guns and ammo using just one van, then you didn't own enough guns or ammo.
    WTB - NDS3 or NDS1 receiver FTF

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast