Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: TSA screeners find loaded handgun in man's carry-on at Pittsburgh Int'l Airport

Quote Originally Posted by twency View Post
    Well there's all that. And then there's the even more important reason that a fundamental civil right should never be preconditioned on completing a "training class". Imagine if we had to complete a state-mandated training class before going to church (or declining to), or writing comments on the internet, or exercising our fifth amendment right to remain silent.
    I think some people support this crap because it would make them feel all the more special and superior. They could tell others how they are certified and got a gold star from the state. They long for that approval from authority. Plus it makes their ccw badge that more official

(Berks County)

Default Re: TSA screeners find loaded handgun in man's carry-on at Pittsburgh Int'l Airport

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    The TSA possibly did him a huge favor.

Now excuse me while I take a shower for how dirty I feel for giving the TSA a little credit.

Justin
    I have no problem with giving the TSA ZERO credit for this, and IMHO you shouldn't feel like you should give them credit either. They didn't do anything that any pre-TSA, privately-run airline or airport security would have done. Guns are big chunk of metal, even the polymer-framed ones; they're NOT that hard to find, and even the security procedures of 20 years ago would've detected it.

I love these articles which attempt to paint the TSA in a good light; they're not doing any better than their predecessors. And we shouldn't have to swoon over their "benevolence"; if the man was in the unsecured area of the airport (which you are at the time of the screening, hence the need for the checkpoint), and he was carrying with an LTCF (which they appear to have conveniently clipped in the photo edit), he wasn't breaking the law. Aren't they REQUIRED to let him go with no charges?

I continue to assert that the TSA isn't isn't necessary, and we should return to privately-run security contracted by the airports, and preferably the airlines.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Carbon County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    It would only be punishing the minority because the majority are the ones who can't be bothered to learn on their own.

In conversations with people who have Pennsylvania CCL/P (Concealed Carry Licenses/Permits), I've been told
    > You have to carry concealed
    > You have to tell a cop that you are carrying
    > You can't carry in a bar
    > You can't carry in a bank
    > You can be arrested for brandishing if someone sees your gun

Plus a host of other BS.
    I can see why anyone spouting that would bother a person who is familiar with the rules, however actually following any of the above would not put you in a legal dilemma (unlike going to NJ, getting on a plane, etc.). There is a world of difference between wrong advice, and advice that will land you in legal trouble.

I guess I consider myself lucky that I was the first one of my group of friends to get a LTCF so I had the opportunity to teach the rest of them as I learned.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123