Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Washington County)

Default Form 4 processing time update

For those considering purchasing a Class III NFA item (Suppressor, SBR, SBS, MG, AOW), the wait times for the ATF to process Form 4's is dropping in the low 4 month time frame for some applications. We received two stamped Form 4's today (both were trusts transfers) that were filed on 27-July, approved on 03-Dec, and received today, so looking at 4 months and about a week, then another week for us to receive them. That's an incredible reduction in time from a year ago. Now not all Form 4's are being processed that quickly, I have several at 6+ months and they are still pending.
    Washington County Machine Guns & Tactical Range -- CMP Affiliated Club -- FFL 07 / FFL 10 / FEL 20 / SOT 02 / ITAR
    Largest MG Rental Business on the entire East Coast. M2HB, M9 Flamethrower, M67 Grenades, M240 Bravo, M249 SAW, M1919, RPD, M60, Bowling Ball Mortar.
    Now offering High-Explosive Classes (Open to the Public)

Default Re: Form 4 processing time update

Just for comparison, my individual F4 for a supressor just got to my dealer today. Mailed it in March 31.

It's nice that trusts move much faster, but I'm afraid I'd be broke if I could get my forms back in 4 months. At least this way it takes some time before I try to buy another NFA item. Get a form back, start thinking about what is next, then wait 8-9 months before repeating. Works out ok for me.

(Potter County)

I had a form 4 go pending Sept. 2 called ATF and they said it was approved Dec. 12. Still waiting on my dealer who said they would contact as soon as it got there. Going on week 3 now after approval. Anyone else in the same boat? Or is the mail just slow because of the Holidays.

(Washington County)

I'm hoping my TiRant45 can be taken home after 4 months, which would be March 10th.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Potter County)

My saker 556 went pending sept 2. Dealer called today just got back from picking it up. That s 4 months from pending date to item in hand (on a trust) not to bad.