Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (York County)

Default Re: CCW permit revoked in Philadelphia

Your lawyer is most likely correct, but it doesn't mean the PPD won't try! I would write a letter to PPD stating as much, note the circumstances and the fact you have now been 'victimized twice', once by the criminal and now by the PPD. Further, I would add something to the effect that the attempted revocation is a civil rights violation under color of law, and as such, if you end up unable to defend yourself from a subsequent crime, or if you get caught with a weapon and charged with carrying without a permit, you will sue the letter writer and his superiors personally under federal statute US 42 ss 1983 (deprivation of civil rights under color of law: read up:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffp...372700d793/amp).

Spend the money for some time to have your lawyer review it and make suggestions.

Send a copy to whomever sent the letter from PPD, send a copy to the new Philly DA (he may actually do something positive in this case), and send copies to your state reps, the head of the PSP Firearms Division (LTCF record keepers), and the state AG. You may want to set up a meeting with the Delco sheriff if you have time and explain what happened as well if he/she is a 2A supporter. The last thing you want to do is argue in court why you didn't have a LTCF while you are being charged with carrying concealed without a permit.

Of course I am not a lawyer, and these are only suggestions. There are plenty of people on this forum much smarter and more worldly than I am!
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ranger83 View Post
    What steps should he take to get his permit back before he sue the city of Philadelphia for wrongly revoking his permit ?
    Step 1: Watch this video:

(Delaware County)

Humm, I'd wager the OP has already solved this one way or another since it was posted in 2014 and the revocation was in 2012 ... but then again it was in Philly so ....

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by Nbey1996 View Post
    I was a victim of a robbery in Philadelphia they took money my fire arm and more I fell as though I was racially profiled by the detective that talked to me I got a letter in the mail saying my LTCF was revoked I didn’t leave it in a car I called my lawyer he said they do not have jurisdiction to do that because Delaware county was my issuing authority how is this possible
    Who sent the letter revoking your LTCF, Delaware County Sheriffs Office or Phila PD?
    Let's go Brandon!!!

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    Humm, I'd wager the OP has already solved this one way or another since it was posted in 2014 and the revocation was in 2012 ... but then again it was in Philly so ....
    The OP maybe/probably but it seems we have a new customer.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by Nbey1996 View Post
    I was a victim of a robbery in Philadelphia they took money my fire arm and more I fell as though I was racially profiled by the detective that talked to me I got a letter in the mail saying my LTCF was revoked I didn’t leave it in a car I called my lawyer he said they do not have jurisdiction to do that because Delaware county was my issuing authority how is this possible
    What sometimes happens is that Philly (or another county) will whine to the issuing jurisdiction that the license holder did something bad in Philly, and would you please revoke his license.

Sometimes, his home county will do that, based on the "bad character" evidence. You have to appeal that revocation quickly (if you're going to appeal), and you have to surrender the license within just a few days, before you get a hearing. The appeal is by way of a formal appeal to the Court of Common Pleas, it's not a form that you fill out, there are rules on format and content and service. You probably need a lawyer to file that appeal.

The other option is to surrender the license and NOT appeal (either way, you have to surrender the license if you got a certified letter revoking it.) Wait a year and re-apply. You may get denied and have to file the appeal then anyway, but sometimes your home sheriff sees that you weren't prosecuted and you've behaved yourself for a year, and figures that you get to vote for the county sheriff and nobody in the Philly PPD does, so maybe he should keep you happy.....
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234