Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: renewing LTCF

(Lancaster County)

Default renewing LTCF

got the letter from the sheriff saying my LTCF was due for renewal. I had the day off Friday so I decided to carry into the courthouse and see how the process goes. In short......nothing to it. I said I needed to check a weapon. I was told to come through the detector, showed my LTCF and then I was led to a row of lockers. I selected one, stuck my SP101 in (the sheriff said not to unload), locked it, got a receipt and was on my way. Coming back out was just as easy. The officers were all friendly and courteous.

Default Re: renewing LTCF

Glad that you had a good experience. I had the opposite last time I was in the courthouse.

I emptied my pockets into the scanner trays and then handed my pocket knife to the deputy before walking through the scanner. I did not think that I was to place any "weapon" into the scanner tray. I was then told by the deputy that I was attempting to carry a weapon into the courthouse and that he "could have me arrested". I have never had to exercise more restraint in order to not completely verbally unload on this guy. It ruined my entire day. I was absolutely furious that someone would treat me that way after I handed my super dangerous, baby killing, life ending 3" pocket knife "weapon" straight to the deputy in an attempt to abide by their rules. He was so busy putting on his tough guy act that he did not even notice the scanner flag my girlfriend as she walked through with her metal belt buckle. Freakin idiot.
    Last edited by JL911; March 1st, 2015 at 11:22 AM.